How long???

I have had my Marina out for 9 months now... & have been trying for a baby since.  I done a hpt this morning with a neg outcome.  does anyone know how long it can take to get pregnant after having it out.  We do have intercourse during my ovulation time & lots throughout the month but it isnt happening.  i have a little boy from prev relationship & my partner has been tested to see if there was any probs with him which come back normal.  its very upsetting to do a test every month with the same outcome.  any help/tips would be much appreciated :-)
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
you might want to invest in some cheapy ovulation tests too for a couple of months (i got mine online 20 for £3) just to monitor when you ovulate, also keep an eye out for changes in your cervical mucus once your period has ended, it should go from none at all just after period, to sticky looking, then change to watery and finally egg white looking and lots of it. c check when you go to the loo and wipe each time.
Helpful - 0
is that every month you get brown discharge? if so, then i'd say take that as the first day of your period as that is the spotting and warning period is due stage.
Helpful - 0
I'm nt sure exactly when my ovulation date is cos for about 3 days b4 my period I get brown dishcharge. I dont no when I should work it out from... The start of the brown or the start of proper period??
Helpful - 0
it is really different for everyone I got preg on my first try after removal and I had mine for over 4 years just keep trying and track your ovulation
Helpful - 0

mirena or not, it can take up to 12 months at least for a healthy young couple to fall pregnant. Age dependant, if nothing has happened after 18 months then make a doctors appt. I had my mirena out 6 months ago and have been ttc ever since...just gotta keep on trying until we get our bfp's! :D
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy Community