MedHelp.org will cease operations on May 31, 2024. It has been our pleasure to join you on your health journey for the past 30 years. For more info, click here.

I didn't expect this... so soon!

Today is the 3-week anniversary of miscarrying. On Friday I have my first appointment with my new-old doctor (my former doctor, whom I LOVE).

I went to the bathroom before lunch and noticed the SLIGHTEST, ever so slightest, hint of pink on the TP. Like barely-there. I come back downstairs and do my workout (kicked me in the pants!!!), eat lunch, and then go back upstairs to check on "things".

And there was red and little clots, but only when I wipe. AF?! After only 3 weeks?!?!?! My first miscarriage it took 8 weeks to get my first period. I know every situation is different. But I'm hoping that this isn't still part of the miscarrying process after so long. Any experiences?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
The nurse called me back and told me to come on in anyway and expect an exam. She was really funny and sweet about it. I just don't care anymore. I want this over with!

Because I've been exercising like crazy lately that could be a reason for more bleeding so soon. She told me to ask him these questions tomorrow because she didn't want to guess or give me a wrong answer. Gosh, I love this nurse!
Helpful - 0
it took 6wks after my first m/c to get my period and then after my 2nd m/c it came around 3-4wks.
Helpful - 0
I called the doc's office and left a message. I'm going to ask if they still want me to come in or wait. I'm really uncomfortable with exams while bleeding. Yuck! Plus it will give me more time to get my medical records.

The medical records lady wanted me to come in on Friday and see my old doctor to sign the release for the records. Um, no thanks! Don't really want a confrontation. So hopefully this will buy us more time.
Helpful - 0
I believe it was like a normal cycle for me too. About 3-4 weeks after my miscarriage I got my period. I only bled for about 3 days for my miscarriage too. I think youre normal!
Helpful - 0
My af appeared right on schedule as if the m/c had been af!  So yes, veyr exciting most likely you have your af! :)
Helpful - 0
I started my period about 3 weeks after my miscarriage. I had the same concern like you have, and my doctor told me that it only a GREAT sign that you're body has passed everything naturally, and you are healing.
Oh! By the way, it wasn't a heavy period either. Very light, like what your describing.

Glad you're getting better. Let us know how the doctor appointment goes. And congrats on getting him back!!!

xoxo
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy Community