Aa
MedHelp.org will cease operations on May 31, 2024. It has been our pleasure to join you on your health journey for the past 30 years. For more info, click here.
Aa
A
A
A
Close

I didn't expect this... so soon!

Today is the 3-week anniversary of miscarrying. On Friday I have my first appointment with my new-old doctor (my former doctor, whom I LOVE).

I went to the bathroom before lunch and noticed the SLIGHTEST, ever so slightest, hint of pink on the TP. Like barely-there. I come back downstairs and do my workout (kicked me in the pants!!!), eat lunch, and then go back upstairs to check on "things".

And there was red and little clots, but only when I wipe. AF?! After only 3 weeks?!?!?! My first miscarriage it took 8 weeks to get my first period. I know every situation is different. But I'm hoping that this isn't still part of the miscarrying process after so long. Any experiences?
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
The nurse called me back and told me to come on in anyway and expect an exam. She was really funny and sweet about it. I just don't care anymore. I want this over with!

Because I've been exercising like crazy lately that could be a reason for more bleeding so soon. She told me to ask him these questions tomorrow because she didn't want to guess or give me a wrong answer. Gosh, I love this nurse!
Helpful - 0
427258 tn?1266445242
it took 6wks after my first m/c to get my period and then after my 2nd m/c it came around 3-4wks.
Helpful - 0
I called the doc's office and left a message. I'm going to ask if they still want me to come in or wait. I'm really uncomfortable with exams while bleeding. Yuck! Plus it will give me more time to get my medical records.

The medical records lady wanted me to come in on Friday and see my old doctor to sign the release for the records. Um, no thanks! Don't really want a confrontation. So hopefully this will buy us more time.
Helpful - 0
285848 tn?1219092313
I believe it was like a normal cycle for me too. About 3-4 weeks after my miscarriage I got my period. I only bled for about 3 days for my miscarriage too. I think youre normal!
Helpful - 0
461781 tn?1285609481
My af appeared right on schedule as if the m/c had been af!  So yes, veyr exciting most likely you have your af! :)
Helpful - 0
593810 tn?1251223030
I started my period about 3 weeks after my miscarriage. I had the same concern like you have, and my doctor told me that it only a GREAT sign that you're body has passed everything naturally, and you are healing.
Oh! By the way, it wasn't a heavy period either. Very light, like what your describing.

Glad you're getting better. Let us know how the doctor appointment goes. And congrats on getting him back!!!

xoxo
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy Community

Top Pregnancy Answerers
13167 tn?1327194124
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.