A
A
A
Close
Pregnancy Community
72.3k Members
4194487 tn?1370049744

IUD

So im pretty set on getting the iud:) would any ladies like to share stories and/or experiences of being on the iud?
25 Responses
I was on it for a yr its been 3 yrs now that i juss gotten pregnant again but it wouldn't of been wit my mother in law help.the iud messed me up an i dnt recommended it unless u no for sure u dnt want any kids for a very long time o none at all. After this pregnancy i dnt want any bc. But this is just my opinion.  
I got the paragaurd put in 6 weeks after I had my lo and love it so far. It was a little painful going in but no side effects or down sides as of yet.  I love not having it think about BC.
4194487 tn?1370049744
Yeah im only 18 and single mum so im pretty set on not having another baby for a few years, im scared it will hurt going in too but it will be worth it hey :)
It doesn't hurt as much if u give birth u can take the pain lol
4194487 tn?1370049744
Lmao okay good point :P
I had the mirena for 6 months and it was horrible.  My body kept attacking the strings. So I had a yeast infection the intire time I had it,  even though my drs kept saying that it wasn't causing them. As soon as it was out, wudda you know I was yeast free. I am done with any bc. After I have my second  baby in March, my hubby is getting snipped lol.
Have an Answer?
Top Pregnancy Answerers
13167 tn?1327197724
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.