Aa
A
A
A
Close
Pregnancy Community
72.3k Members

Implantation Bleeding

I am experiencing what I assume to be implantation bleeding (however it seems a little too early for that!), and I am Rh-.  Does anyone know if I need to get a rhoGam shot for implantation bleeding?
4 Responses
676912 tn?1332816151
I don't know about needing the shot for it, BUT just wanted to say that it's not as common as you may think to experience implantation bleeding. When I was trying for my second baby, I had spotting three times, the last time I ended up pregnant that month so I ASSUME it was implantation spotting, but you never can be 100% sure. It's impossible to tell WHEN the egg implants. I had a few streaks of red blood when I found out I was pregnant, which was the exact same as the other two months when I wasn't. I'm positive I didn't have chemical pregnancies, because I was testing early AND got my period the day it was due both times. The month I got pregnant, I had spotting 5, 6, and 10 days after ovulation. Two months before I had spotting 4, 5, and 6 days after, but wasn't pregnant that month. So it is possible you are pregnant and experiencing implantation bleeding, I would wait until you're due to start your period before testing, and you should call your dr to ask about the shot.
OK, thank you. I have never had spotting between cycles, and didn't have any spotting with my first two pregnancies.  My LMP was August 20th, and according to a handy app on my phone, I should have ovulated around Sept 6th.  My cycles are typically 32-34 days. The spotting started on the 8th (and only noticed it when I went to the bathroom...nothing at all in my underwear) and last I noticed it was Sunday night.  It seems a little early if it is implantation, but I'm optimistic nonetheless.  I will call my midwife to try to get an appt to discuss the rhogam shot.  Thanks!
889551 tn?1416188083
When I found out I was pregnant, I had spotting from 5-9dpo, and then got my bfp on 10dpo. I then continued to bleed for almost the rest of the trimester due to low progesterone and a possible subchorionic hematoma. So, whether or not it was actually implantation bleeding, I'll never know. But, only 30% of pregnant women experience it, but it is common to spot midcycle and/or during pregnancy.  If you're only 7dpo roughly, it could be implantation, but it could easily be something else. I don't think you need rhogam until close to 28 weeks and after a miscarriage, but I could be wrong. I doubt you would need it if it is implantation bleeding.
1428239 tn?1333460653
I am not sure about the rhogam shot.. What I can say is that I am rh- as well and for this pregnancy, I had spotting (which I have assumed ot be implantation bleeding) around CD 27... since i was ovulating later, this was around 9-10 DPO.. It was very little, it was there when I wipe so i put on a panty liner assuming it was AF coming and like 2 hours later, there was like a light beige on the panty liner and that was it...  I kept wiating for AF to come and when she didnt show on CD 33 I took a test and it was postiive..

I didnt get a rhogam shot for this because I didnt think about it.. But I tested negative for antibodies at the beginning of this pregnancy and I tested negative for antibodies at 28 weeks when I got my standard Rhogam...

You could call and generally ask if you would be required to get rhogam if oyu had what you thought was implantation bleeidng but i doubt you would need it... Your embryo wouldnt even really have blood to mix with yours at that time.
Have an Answer?
Top Pregnancy Answerers
13167 tn?1327197724
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.