Pregnancy Community

Is Renal Pelvis Dialatation of Concern?

I am 22 weeks into my pregnancy and just had a anomaly scan. The doctor mentioned that the fetus has 6mm of Left kidney which means renal pelvis dilatation which is not normal. Should i be concerned about it? will it affect the delivery or post delivery issues for the baby? is 6mm to big a dilatation?
Hello and welcome to MedHelp's forums.  Congratulations on your pregnancy.  It is always scary when you hear something outside of normal is going on with your growing baby.  In this case, what you are being told is very common in fetuses and typically resolves on its own.  https://radiopaedia.org/articles/fetal-pyelectasis.  Please talk to your doctor about this but this should be the case with your baby as well.  Again, congratulations.
Thanks for the link and answer. I will talk to the doctor to understand a bit more about it
Hi there.  Yay, pregnant and 22 weeks!  How are you feeling? I'm sorry you had an ultrasound that came back with "something is abnormal".  But this situation I do know is told to a lot of women and it turns out to be just fine.  It fixes on it's own.  Hard not to worry but think it will be fine!  What did your doctor say or did just the ultrasound tech tell you?
Just the ultrasound tech said this. I will see a doctor soon to understand a bit more.
Thanks for your response
Let me know what the doctor has to say about this!