Is horse riding okay while pregnant?!

Hey guys, im just wondering what your opinions on riding are while pregnant? Some of my friends think its fine and others think not!
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
You Shouldn't Ride A Horse After 12 Weeks. It's Not Safe For The Baby.
Helpful - 0
It's not good to ride a horse even if you trust it what if something spook it and you get thrown I don't even go near my horse since I became pregnant
Helpful - 0
Hey once u get really close to your due date and are at that point where you just wanna have the baby maybe a nice ride will help you bring on labor lol kinna like the bumpy car ride theory lol
Helpful - 0
Yeah a lot of my friends have ridden right up until they have given birth, im not planning on riding that far into my pregnancy though! Have been doing slow hacks every 2 weeks. My horses are very safe, i recognise their behaviour easier then my own lol
Helpful - 0
I'm a rider as well. Dr and every rider I have spoken with say its usually OK up to your third trimester. Just take it easy and go at a comfortable pace. If you start feeling pains then take it down a bit. But go for it! The exercise is good too :)
Helpful - 0
I never rode my horse since finding out I was pregnant. I've had the horse a lifetime but you just cannot predict anything when it comes to riding. Riding is considered a risk sport anyway. It's upto you. I wouldn't put my baby at risk
Helpful - 0
I would say you're fine. One of my friends is about six months and still rides on occasion. Her doctor just told her to take it easy and only ride horses you absolutely trust.
Helpful - 0
I mean i own 3 horses haha
Helpful - 0
Im a very accomplished rider, been riding my whole life and own. I rode very much prior to being pregnant and have been on a few slow hacks since
Helpful - 0
Make sure you really trust the horse and have a good relationship with it. If your body isn't used to riding (like you want to go for the first time in your life) I'd definitely say no. But if you rode a lot prior to getting pregnant, you're probably okay if you take it easy.
Helpful - 0
Simple rides yes. Anything from canter and up could cause some type of damage or irritation on your cervix.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy Community