Pregnancy Community

Is it normal to have implantation bleeding for 5 days?

My last menstral was on August 28, 2008, I started having bleeding on September 22nd, and I know it wasn't menstral, because I know the difference between menstral and irregular bleeding, at first I thought my menstral came extra early because it came early. I remember I had this type of bleeding before, and my doctor told me I had uterine fibroids, and that it was normal. I don't know if it's that or was it a possible miscarriage? But I had pain in my left side and I bled alot for the first 2-3 days of the irregular bleeding, and then it started getting light the next 2 days and it went away on September 27th. My breast are getting swollen and areoles are getting dark. I'm not sure if I am pregnant, do you think I should take a pregnancy test, or should I wait for my actual menstral to come?
i would say wait till ur last date and then do test. i dont think implantation bleeding stays 5 days. if u need to use just one pad or nothing this is the implantation bleeding.