Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Is this ok?? Worried.

Im 18 years old and i am 9 weeks pregnant. I recently found out that i have been losing weight since the pregnancy and usually i never lose weight. Im not sure if its because i stopped drinking sodas or if this is just a bad way to start off my pregnancy. Ive lost about 3 pounds in a week
10 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Im 18 and 17 weeks pregnant I haven't gained any weight at all and it started to worry me because a lot of people kept saying oh wow u haven't gained any weight at all at 17 weeks I was huge.. but my doctor isnt worried about it so I guess I don't have to be lol
Helpful - 0
3112100 tn?1379614659
in my first trimester i lost 10 pounds due to morning sickness as well... i was almoss to 100 pounds! now that im in the second trimester im hoping to have gained some weight back... specially now i see im starting to get a lil bump... ill see on tuesday!
Helpful - 0
I'm 6weeks and I've lost like 3lbs due to nausea and lack of appetite, but my Dr said everything was fine so don't worry yourself and congrats :)
Helpful - 0
2020005 tn?1628125976
Believe it or not, cutting out soda does a LOT for weight loss, especially if you drank it a lot before. I didn't gain anything in the first trimester and I wasn't eating any differently, just not drinking any soda, I wouldn't stress over it! Also lack of appetite, which I had bad in the first trimester, can cause weight loss.
Helpful - 0
I lost around 10 or so pounds my first trimester...its pretty normal but talk to your doctor about it...congratulations :)
Helpful - 0
3960113 tn?1348942481
I have had 2 children ages 11 and 7. With my first child I did the same thing you are doing. I lost weight like crazy and stayed worried thinking something was wrong with the baby or with me... my doctor told me that some woman loose weight during the pregnacy to just maintain taking the vitamins needed, eat right, do some exersicing, that everything was fine. Throughout the entire pregnancy I ended up gaining only 12 pounds and had a healthy baby girl... My second pregnancy was the complete opposite!!! I did nothing but gain weight... over 20 pounds... some womans bodies handle the pregnacy different than others. I wish you the best and congrats!!!
Helpful - 0
I lost weight in the first trimester, but thats because of morning sickness. Right now I haven't gained any weight. I will be 13 wks tomorrow. I think losing weight happens to many women in the first trimester.
Helpful - 0
I'm 12wks 2d. And I've actually lost 10lbs since I've been pregnant. And I wasn't big before.
Helpful - 0
1961938 tn?1398718101
Talk to your doctor about it and they will tell you if it's something to be watched. You are in your first trimester which is common to lose weight. You are probably okay. Stopping drinking soda will cause thou to lose weight and so will healthy eating.
Helpful - 0
Well I'm 20 weeks an i haven't gained any weight I've actually been losing weight I'm on the heavier side an I cut out soda but I def dnt eat healthy. Just make sure wen yu go to the dr yu mention it to them I think its normal tho
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy Community

Top Pregnancy Answerers
13167 tn?1327194124
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.