Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Jobs during pregnancy

Hi I'm 18 and I'm 23 weeks pregnant I really need money and was wondering if it's possible to get a job right now ??! Please help!
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
U may b able to get help from the state
Helpful - 0
Apply at fast food mountains low level jobs. Also at daycares and family centers. Don't tell them you are pregnant until after they hire you.. They can't fire you for being pregnant. Also when applying say you can work weekends but need to week days off a week. Good luck hun.
Helpful - 0
10504858 tn?1423544346
You may be able to find a place that will hire you, if you're just looking for part time work, not a career. Many women work while pregnant so it is definitely not dangerous to work as long as it is a safe job. A lot of places won't hire you though because you'll be leaving soon and they worry that you won't be reliable, so you have to find a manager who is understanding and family friendly, which will most likely be difficult. However if you need the money, there's no harm looking, but just remember you won't qualify for maternity leave, so you'll have to just quit when the baby comes. Good luck, lady !
Helpful - 0
10436685 tn?1417322662
You'll have to wait until after your pregnant because most job have a 90 day probation that means you can't call out or miss days and you can't go on leave for 6mos am at a job right now that don't accept doctors excuse so now I'm about to lose my job I been at for 3years because there don't accept doctors excuse so for pregnant women it suck because they feel like we didn't ask you to get pregnant so it's not my problem plus I don't get paid for my 6weeks leave so am stressed out but good luck to you and congrats....
Helpful - 0
If your pregnant I don't think they let you work just to be safe because you can get hurt.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy Community

Top Pregnancy Answerers
13167 tn?1327194124
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.