Pregnancy Community

Just Curious

How does it feel to get your cervix checked for dilation? Like is it painful, bearable, or just uncomfortable? Possibly not felt at all ?
I had mine checked for the first time last night due to having contractions! Its def bearable just tons of pressure!
Thanks ! Long as its not painful I guess I'll be fine !
Cervix check is bearable nothing t worry bout, but stretch n sweep aka membrane sweep is effin painful if u have 1!!
Its just uncomfortable. Doesn't hurt at all!
I would not say that it hurts but it is uncomfortable and more pressure than pain.
Its painful if you dont relax... first time i got checked i tensed up a lot so i was sore for a couple days. The next time i made it a point to relax and i didn't feel a thing except pressure. :)
Idk everyone is different but it hurts me to get checked
I didn't think it was bad. The membrane sweep I didn't think was bad I just had to pee afterwards.
The only time it actually hurt for me was when I was in active labor and having contractions every 2-3 min
Apparently mine is pretty far back.. so it hurt pretty bad. (only had it done twice.) I'm sure it wouldn't be as bad if she didn't have to get so far up!!
They use their hand only or do the use the speculum? (i hate that thing)
They use their hands, measuring by how many fingers open it is