Pregnancy Community

Just can't sleep...

My schedule is totally backwards... I'm up all night and wanna sleep all day and having a 2yr old I can't do that. I'm 19W , did anyone have this problem? I mean yes I had problems sleeping my pregnancy with my daughter but it wasn't completely backwards like this. I just feel wide awake and have a really hard time going to sleep and its driving me nuts. I'm tired.... I can feel it with my eyes but I just can't go to sleep :(
( no I don't drink cokes or anything )
Yes, I had a lot of sleepless nights!  And I had a one year old when pregnant with my second.  Now, I had a strategy . . .  I treated early mornings with my one year old like they were the middle of the night . . .  NOPE, not getting up before 8 am.  And he napped for me as well.  My kids are pretty good sleepers which helped. Then when he slept, I slept.  I also read that while full sleep is best, it also helps to relax and rest when you can't sleep.  Don't do things at night.  Like watch tv or read.  Keep the room dark, eyes shut and think peaceful thoughts.  And your body is still resting to a lesser extent than sleep but it's something.  Try to go to bed earlier as well.  I'm good for reading a little bit and passing out.  My problem was staying asleep. But going to bed earlier gave me the best shot of catching as many winks as possible.

Anyway, it's hard.  I was sleep deprived for sure and it lasted until my second one was 16 months and started sleeping better at night (before that, he had me up every 2 hours, no joke).  It was a blur.  But I got through it.  

Oh, and if you have anyone that can watch your 2 year old---  grandparent, aunt, cousin, paid babysitter once or twice a week and you take some YOU time, that really helps.  I had my niece come over and she'd play with my son and I'd lock myself in my room for a couple of hours and nap and rest.  It was the best!!  

so, good luck hon.  I hope it gets better!
I am the same way,only 10 weeks,all day I'm lazy with no energy taking naps,also I have a 2 year old so it's hard to keep up with him lol, come bed time & I'm up,or waking up every hour of the night,it's so frustrating