Pregnancy Community

Labor stories?

Whats your labor storie? I had my little boy 5weeks today and cant believe how fast its went. My waters broke early hours on the monday morning so went to hospital to get checked. Was havin light crampin and was to go bak up early tuesday morning if nothing happend to be induced. Was havin mild contractions from bout 5pm right thro th night. Finaly came to bak to hospital wher my contractions got stronger, they checked me and i was 7cm. So they gave me gas and air. I had my bf ther and my mom. Then i had th urge to push but they told me not too but my body was taken over and i had to. They checked me again i was fully dilated so didnt hav to b induced. Then after 20mins of pushen i met my baby boy. Its amazin how perfect they are. I had to get a few stitches but it was a very 'textbook' birth th midwife told me. I was very lucky. Up and walkin straight after. So whats ur story? I love hearin other peoples expereinces
Water broke 4:45am friday morning, got checked out bub wasnt in distress so got sent home, had cramping all day long and it got bad so i went in around 3pm, they said contractions still arent close enough, offered for me to stay the night so i did.. Had horrible pains aaaall night didnt sleep AT ALL! pain killers didnt work, either did hot showers or heatpacks.. was walking around and around sooo tired and sore, contractions were on top of eachother and felt like i needed to poop around 4:40 so i went downstairs they checked me and i was fully dilated and 10 minutes later my baby boy was born :):)
I found th contractions worse than the pushen th baby out lol.
I went to be induced at 41+5 and got the pessary, I was told to go back next morning if I still wasn't in labour - and I so went back lol.   They did an internal at 1030am and said my waters were bulging so they were just waiting on a bed becoming available so they could break my waters.    We spent the next 8 hours wandering about the hospital, drove top the town centre to get a kfc for lunch as BD was starving, bed finally became available at 7pm.   Went down, got my waters broken artificially and it felt gross :/   They told me I could walk about for up to two hours or go the the lounge where they had birthing balls etc til my contractions started - they started 15 mins later, 3 mins apart and lasting 40 seconds.   During a routine check on baby's HB the midwife found it dropped so I got put into bed and hooked up to the CTG machine.   I took gas and air for the pain til about 1030pm but then (I don't really remember this bit) something happened, I blacked out, and heard the Midwife call on another MW, I came to wearing an oxygen mask, they had put a clip onto baby's head to monitor his oxygen levels, and there were 3 MWs, a Dr and a Consultant in the room.   They also gave me an epidural to keep me still as I wasn't allowed to move off my left side.    Baby was sunny side up so once I was fully dilated they turned him with forceps and I started pushing.   He wasn't coming down though and ended up with an emergency section, Logan made hois entrance at 0529am x
Oh he got turned. How did that feel? I was terrified incase they got th forcepts out to deliver Lucas. I watch one born every min and did not want that at all lol x
I was 40+5 and actually went to my dr that morning for a routine appt. We made plans to induce that following Monday (I would've been 11 days overdue). I was feeling super depressed and do my hubby phones me from work and told me he made me an appontment to get a pedicure at 2:30 to get out and relax. It was about 2:00 PM and I'm laying on the couch and I started to get slight cramping that spread to my back. It was about every 5 mins. I was in denial and didn't think it was real so I still went to my appointment at 2:30 lol. By the end of my appointment at 3:30 I was having about 3 contractions every 10 mins. I rushed home and told my hubby I think I'm actually in labor cause they were getting quite painful. We packed our stuff and left for the hospital and sure enough I was 4 cms dilated and in active labor. By the time I got to the hospital I was having contractions come on very quickly at about a minute apart. I was in a lot of pain and asked for an epidural but the anesthesiologist was in surgery and I had to wait till 6:00 to get it!!! That was the longest 2 hrs of my life! Once I got the epidural it was so much better. By 7:30 I had the urge to push and at 9:05 pm on June 4 I had my little girl! I was pushing for an hour and a half and she was stuck off to the side so they had to vacuum assist her out. I ended up getting a third degree tear and was in a lot of pain from stitches afterwards (it took an hour to stitch me up). But it was all worth it!! :)
Haha yeah not ideal - they turned him cause we were still planning on him being delivered naturally, I couldn't really feel it cause they had given me the epidural cause I wan't allowed to move but with the contractions I was burying my head down into my pillow which made me move, so I hardly felt them turn him, then his HR dropped to way below 100 when I was pushing and he wasn't moving so they decided to cut me there and then, 22 mins later he arrived.   I'd watched OBEM as well and I always felt for those who had a difficult time and ended up with sections, I think I was spaced though cause I wasn't panicking or that, I just said "ok" a lot when they were telling me wjat was happening....not sure if it was shock or me being a nurse so I had a rough idea lol x
Id never really heard of a vaccum *** birth. I dnt thnk ther popular in uk but i read on here all th time about them. An hour to stitch u bloody hell. That makes me shut my legs lol. It is all worth it or women wldnt do it again lol.x
Mayb thats why u were sore wen th doc done ur sweep, bcos they used forceps? Least u wer awake wen Logan was deliverd. My friend had a terrible pregnancy thn a terrible birth. She got a epi and it didnt work and they had to do an emergancy c section and she cld feel it so they had to knock her out. Was such a shame x
Yeah maybe, it was so uncomfortable lol.   I know, I would have felt awful if I'd been put to sleep, I felt really bad after he was born, saying to BD that I was already a useless mum cause I couldn't even give birth to him properly :(   My hormones were all over the place.x
Hows he getin on anywae? Lucas got weighed yest and hes now 11lbs 5oz. Hea getin so big.x
Aww thats good :)   He was 13lbs 6.5 oz (so 4.5lb gain since birth) and I'm taking him back up between 2-4pm to get him weighed again, he will be 7w come thurs, it's gone by so quickly lol x
Well hes 5wks today and yes its flew by. Feels like hes always here aswell. And now i wonder wat i did bfor i had him lol. Hes gained 4lbs since birth. hes got wee chubby chops and everythng lol x