On April April 26th at 3 am I got up to go pee, I found it cold inside so I went to check the fire. I bent down to put a log in the fire and stood up and had a gush of fluid. At first I thought it was discharge because I still had a month to go before he was born, but more kept coming so I knew it was my water. I called for my husband who was sleeping and I didn't expect him to wake because he's a heavy sleeper but by the time I made it to the bedroom he was up and asking me what was wrong. I told him my water broke and he thought the house was on fire lol. I called my midwife who told me to meet her at the hospital, we collected all we could think of to bring for the baby and headed to the hospital very unorganized. Got there at about 4 am she checked my urine and the fluid to make sure it was my water and of course it was. I was only 35 and 6 days so I was obviously worried a bit because my water broke but my body wasn't ready for labour. So the induced me with oxytocin and then I was checked (obviously didn't want to do too many vaginal checks because of bacteria) they started me on antibiotics right away and I had to get them every four hours til he was here. The oxytocin only dilated me to one cm after being on it for so long we tried a different approach. They used cervidil in my cervix to soften my cervix to be able to dilate with the oxytocin, we repeated this three times when finally I was soft enough for the oxytocin to work and was admitted to the hospital on Sunday April 27th. I was in labour for almost 48 hours and oxytocin is not fun... I only pushed for about half an hour, she
checked my cervix and I was only 1 cm still them finally at about 930 I was 7 cms. I have birth to a healthy 7lb baby boy 19.5 inches long. He had some breathing issues but he figured that all out. Now we are working on breastfeeding and him finishing off his antibiotics as my heart rate went higher the last bit of my labour so that could be a sign of infection. If everything goes well and he doesn't have any infection we should be able to go home on Wednesday morning. He truly is a blessing and we love him so much and can't wait to bring him home. I just pray I'll be a good mommy and give him everything he needs.