MedHelp.org will cease operations on May 31, 2024. It has been our pleasure to join you on your health journey for the past 30 years. For more info, click here.

Lol heeelllppp

So Ive always love hotdogs and I love them even more now that I'm pregnant.. and it was just brought to my attention by my aunt that pregnant women are not suppose to eat hotdogs or deli meats Lol did I mention I love subway..uggh how true is this.. have any of you ladies ate hotdogs or deli meats throughout your pregnancy and everything turned out perfectly fine??
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I ate hot dogs and deli meat all throughout my pregnancy. I found out in the third trimester that I wasn't supposed to and still did because I was almost done with my pregnancy lol. My baby boy is going to be 3 weeks on Tuesday and is perfectly healthy :)
Helpful - 0
I craved hot dogs and baked beans for months.
Helpful - 0
Deli meats and hot dogs contain nitrates and nitrites. These are cancer causing. Also there was a study I read about a long time ago that if young children were fed hot dogs several times a week there chances of getting leukemia
Increased greatly! Imagine what it could do to an even more vulnerable growing baby! I would do a little research if I was you so you understand the risks better. There are so many healthy choices of food ! Do the best for your babies health and your own !
You will feel better! Eat for health! Take care
Helpful - 0
The odds of getting listeria are slim. I ate deli meats when I was pregnant, and no I didn't heat them up unless I was getting my sandwich toasted at Subway or Tim Hortons. I have never heard of anyone I know getting listeria from deli meat.
Helpful - 0
I just know the deli meats are a concern because of Listeria.  But just heat up deli meats.:)
Helpful - 0
Lol i always eat my subway subs baked but i have eaten cold cut sandwhichs and hotdogs ur just suppose to cook them first which the hot dogs i do but the sandwhichs i dont lol
Helpful - 0
Never really understood how this even came to be from my understanding it's all RAW MEATS. I have worked at subway before and nothing is raw there. And have pretty high health standards. Never heard of not eating hotdogs during pregnancy ha ha there are worse things out there then hotdogs
Helpful - 0
You just have to heat the meat up til it is steaming then it's fine.
Helpful - 0
I work at subway and eat it every day my dr said it was fine. My friend worked at subway her whole pregnancy and ate there too and her baby is fine
Helpful - 0
Omg yes my cravings are hot dogs too ! The ones from 711 to me are the best lol , and i ate sandwiches with my first through like my whole pregnacy and my babygirl is fine . i was also addicted to the ham from lunchables lol
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy Community