Losing baby weight

Yes I haven't given birth yet (due in 2 days - woohoo) , but any mommas out there who know any decent ways to lose baby weight after baby has been born?

For the first 6 weeks I know I won't really be doing very much except my usual daily  4 mile walk with the dog (and the pram), and I'll also be breastfeeding.   But I do wanna lose my baby weight and a little bit extra as well.   I don't need to worry about going back to work until May 2014 so I have plenty time to lose it in, so I won't be doing any faddy diets or that x
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Well thank goodness I'm goimg to try breastfeeding... If onky all 'exercise' was that effective lol :-) x
Helpful - 0
Breastfeeding can burn up to 750 calories a day alone!! Very good "exercise" haha!! I'm 3 months PP with my 2nd child and I read between 3-6 months was the most weight gain so we'll see! I only BF my first for about 6 weeks.
Helpful - 0
@KTowne - that's impressive!   x
Helpful - 0
breastfeeding! with my first I lost 35-40lbs within 2 weeks (all my pregnancy weight) and 25-30 within 2 weeks with my 2nd (all my pregnancy weight as well) :)
Helpful - 0
Yeah I have been eating quite healthily during pregnancy so I haven't gained any weight - the Midwife thinks I've lost about half a stone or so but the scales haven't changed because of the baby weight etc so quite glad about that, but I do have a decent sized bump so I know I'm going to be left with a bit of a tummy after giving birth.

I'm planning on breastfeeding exclusively for the first couple months then express milk after that as baby daddy and I aren't together any more and baby will need to get used to bottles when BD has it overnight.   I walk about 4 miles a day with the dog so I'll now be pushing a pram in that mix as well.      

I ideally want to lose about 2.5 stone, - a stone or so by November as I have my Aunt & Uncles Ruby Wedding to attend, and then the rest by April next year as it's a good friends' Wedding and I want to look decent in the photos lol.  

I used to do Zumba but I never really noticed any changes in weight when I was doing it.   I done Boxercise about 6 years ago and loved it, it changed my entire body shape but the instructor moved away and I haven't seen other classes that do it locally since x
Helpful - 0
The breastfeeding and walking shud make u lose all ur baby weight! And then to tighten up jus work out
Helpful - 0
I have heard breastfeeding works wonders
Helpful - 0
If you aren't concerned with the length of time it will take to lose the weight, I would suggest starting with yoga or pilates, that way you can get reacquainted with your body, and then after a couple months try a zumba class! It's a great way to have fun and workout all at the same time. And as always, make sure you  eat well balanced meals!
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy Community