Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
3360193 tn?1365871889

Losing baby weight

Yes I haven't given birth yet (due in 2 days - woohoo) , but any mommas out there who know any decent ways to lose baby weight after baby has been born?

For the first 6 weeks I know I won't really be doing very much except my usual daily  4 mile walk with the dog (and the pram), and I'll also be breastfeeding.   But I do wanna lose my baby weight and a little bit extra as well.   I don't need to worry about going back to work until May 2014 so I have plenty time to lose it in, so I won't be doing any faddy diets or that x
8 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
3360193 tn?1365871889
Well thank goodness I'm goimg to try breastfeeding... If onky all 'exercise' was that effective lol :-) x
Helpful - 0
2020005 tn?1628125976
Breastfeeding can burn up to 750 calories a day alone!! Very good "exercise" haha!! I'm 3 months PP with my 2nd child and I read between 3-6 months was the most weight gain so we'll see! I only BF my first for about 6 weeks.
Helpful - 0
3360193 tn?1365871889
@KTowne - that's impressive!   x
Helpful - 0
2020005 tn?1628125976
breastfeeding! with my first I lost 35-40lbs within 2 weeks (all my pregnancy weight) and 25-30 within 2 weeks with my 2nd (all my pregnancy weight as well) :)
Helpful - 0
3360193 tn?1365871889
Yeah I have been eating quite healthily during pregnancy so I haven't gained any weight - the Midwife thinks I've lost about half a stone or so but the scales haven't changed because of the baby weight etc so quite glad about that, but I do have a decent sized bump so I know I'm going to be left with a bit of a tummy after giving birth.

I'm planning on breastfeeding exclusively for the first couple months then express milk after that as baby daddy and I aren't together any more and baby will need to get used to bottles when BD has it overnight.   I walk about 4 miles a day with the dog so I'll now be pushing a pram in that mix as well.      

I ideally want to lose about 2.5 stone, - a stone or so by November as I have my Aunt & Uncles Ruby Wedding to attend, and then the rest by April next year as it's a good friends' Wedding and I want to look decent in the photos lol.  

I used to do Zumba but I never really noticed any changes in weight when I was doing it.   I done Boxercise about 6 years ago and loved it, it changed my entire body shape but the instructor moved away and I haven't seen other classes that do it locally since x
Helpful - 0
3197728 tn?1377277900
The breastfeeding and walking shud make u lose all ur baby weight! And then to tighten up jus work out
Helpful - 0
4476664 tn?1361632949
I have heard breastfeeding works wonders
Helpful - 0
If you aren't concerned with the length of time it will take to lose the weight, I would suggest starting with yoga or pilates, that way you can get reacquainted with your body, and then after a couple months try a zumba class! It's a great way to have fun and workout all at the same time. And as always, make sure you  eat well balanced meals!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy Community

Top Pregnancy Answerers
13167 tn?1327194124
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.