Losing baby weight

So ladies how long does it take to lose all the baby weight? This is my first pregnancy and i gained 21lbs and im 28weeks but when i started to gain weight i was so small so cant even tell that i gained so much but i know i will gain more and im so short only 5'2 lol so im just wondering is it hard to lose all the baby weight?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I was 98lbs before I was pregnant and 145 at delivery. Have yet to have my 6 week checkup but I can tell I've been losing weight. I'm only 4'10, so thank the lord above that most of the weight was sent to my butt and boobs.
I am currently wearing a waist cincher and I can tell that has helped dramatically get my body back into shape.
Helpful - 0
I was 126 when i fell pregnant the first time. Got up to 155. After the first week post partum i was back to prepregnancy weight (after having a 10pounf baby which helped ;) ). With breastfeeding and good genetics i got down to 110 which im at now with my 2nd pregnancy. My belly was never taut again and still have a bazillion stretchmarks but i grew my son and im proud of them. Hard work, movong and eating healthy, breastfeeding and genetics were what did it for me. Everyone is different. Just gotta be proud of what our amazing bodies can accomplish and cut ourselves a little slack. Weve been through ALOT!!!
Helpful - 0
I was 112 before pregnancy 124 when i delivered, came home at 115 and now im 5 weeks postpartum and weighing 107.
Helpful - 0
I gained 11kgs during my last pregnancy, lost 8 kgs at birth, 4wks postpartum now and haven't weighed myself but I'm wearing prepregnancy clothes.
Helpful - 0
I genuinely wish I lost the weight. I gained 40 with my son and 30 with my daughter. Even with extremely clean eating and intense exercise daily, I lost no weight only gained muscle but am very healthy. My body must like the size I'm at :\
Helpful - 0
My first I started at 140 ended at 190 so 50lb weight gain only ever went down to 165. 6 years later with this one I started at 168 I went to 194 so 26lb weight gain now I'm 175 and I'm 12 weeks post pardum and I am breastfeeding. I lost the first 19 lbs in the first 2 weeks so 10 weeks now and haven't lost an ounce. Everyone is different my body likes being fat :/
Helpful - 0
Thanks ladies sounds like all of u lost a lot of weight pretty fast :)
Helpful - 0
Pre pregnancy I weighed 130, had baby weighing at 168, at 6 weeks appointment I weighed 138
Helpful - 0
I was 112 before my son delivered at 127 & at my 6 week check up I was 117. With my daughter I weighed 140 before delivered at 142 and was down to 129 at my 6 week check up.
Helpful - 0
I was 100 pounds before I got pregnant. All in all I gained 40 pounds. I gave birth to my son a week ago and dropped 20 pounds. But overall it takes about a year for your body to recover from your pregnancy. If you eat healthy and exercise it shouldn't be that hard to lose the baby weight.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy Community