Losing weight fast!!!

I am currently 9w4d with my first pregnancy.  Im a thick girl and at 5'9" I started my pregnancy at 209lbs. Since my first apt. on December 15th I have lost 9 lbs. I have no type of sickness. I know have no symptoms of pregnancy other them sore breasts and no period. I am hungery ALL the time and eat what ever I want and don't work out any extra. I haven't been on a normal routine since before christmas. So im wondering if thats the reason. I'm worried my baby isn't getting what he/she may need. Please, has anyone had this happen?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
It isnt that im gaining slow, its that im loosing. And lossing 10 pounds in 2 weeks isnt healthy.
Helpful - 0
Big girls normally don't gain as much as petite girls. I don't think u should be worried
Helpful - 0
Im Pre-diabetic, so I have been watching what I eat. Nothing strict though. I have only been to 1 apt. So far. I go to my second one next monday. I will be 10w5d then. Thank you ladies for putting me at ease about this. Not as worried anymore!
Helpful - 0
In the first 4 months of my pregnancy i kept losing weight. Not alot but every appt i would be 2 or 3 lbs less than the last appt. Im now almost 35 weeks and have gained a total of 23lbs. I also am a thick girl. 5'6 and started my pregnancy at 203. If youre doctor isnt concerned then you shouldnt be. It happens to alot of women.
Helpful - 0
I lost 5 lbs right off the start...started at 195...took quite a while to even start putting on weight..im 31/3 and have only gained 10 lbs...not exercising at all...diabetic so I have to follow the meal planning but not over hungry at all...baby will be fine. Try to get back to a healthier eating style, including fruits and veggies if u like and baby will be fine! :-)
Helpful - 0
I kept losing weight at the beginning too, I wouldn't worry about it too much, I'm 30 weeks and have barely gained 15 pounds.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy Community