Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Losing weight fast!!!

I am currently 9w4d with my first pregnancy.  Im a thick girl and at 5'9" I started my pregnancy at 209lbs. Since my first apt. on December 15th I have lost 9 lbs. I have no type of sickness. I know have no symptoms of pregnancy other them sore breasts and no period. I am hungery ALL the time and eat what ever I want and don't work out any extra. I haven't been on a normal routine since before christmas. So im wondering if thats the reason. I'm worried my baby isn't getting what he/she may need. Please, has anyone had this happen?
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
It isnt that im gaining slow, its that im loosing. And lossing 10 pounds in 2 weeks isnt healthy.
Helpful - 0
Big girls normally don't gain as much as petite girls. I don't think u should be worried
Helpful - 0
Im Pre-diabetic, so I have been watching what I eat. Nothing strict though. I have only been to 1 apt. So far. I go to my second one next monday. I will be 10w5d then. Thank you ladies for putting me at ease about this. Not as worried anymore!
Helpful - 0
In the first 4 months of my pregnancy i kept losing weight. Not alot but every appt i would be 2 or 3 lbs less than the last appt. Im now almost 35 weeks and have gained a total of 23lbs. I also am a thick girl. 5'6 and started my pregnancy at 203. If youre doctor isnt concerned then you shouldnt be. It happens to alot of women.
Helpful - 0
I lost 5 lbs right off the start...started at 195...took quite a while to even start putting on weight..im 31/3 and have only gained 10 lbs...not exercising at all...diabetic so I have to follow the meal planning but not over hungry at all...baby will be fine. Try to get back to a healthier eating style, including fruits and veggies if u like and baby will be fine! :-)
Helpful - 0
I kept losing weight at the beginning too, I wouldn't worry about it too much, I'm 30 weeks and have barely gained 15 pounds.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy Community

Top Pregnancy Answerers
13167 tn?1327194124
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.