Pregnancy Community

Low Progestrone Level

I am not sure about whether or not the cause of the miscarriages were due to the Depo-Provera but I did furthur research and wanted to share some info with those individuals that don't know.  Depo-Provera is a synthetic hormone.  I was very young when I took it and didn't get all of the details (ignorance).  If I would have known that fact alone, I wouldn't have taken it.  If you have a low Progestrone Level it will more than likely cause you to have a miscarriage.  Now.....I am just trying to figure out my problem so I am going to make an appt. with my doctor to take further testing of my progestrone levels.  Before I got pregnant the second time I was trying to figure out why I had the first miscarriage and I fell under only that one catagory (low progestrone)  I realized that because one symptom of low progestrone level is prolonged period.  Before I was able to get tested I got pregnant again and was so excited I didn't do the testing...........I lost that one too.  After that I pretty much gave up but I still have the prolonged period so I will finally do the testing.  In the mean time....I will have to make sure I don't get pregnant.  The problem isn't getting pregnant.........the problem is staying pregnant.  I just can't believe how many women have had the same problem.  I did not want to make the corrolation between depo and miscarriage but the information that I have gathered makes sense..to me anyway.  Sinthetic hormone....abnormal cycle..........prolonged period...............miscarriages.  I will keep you posted.

I was wondering if you are experiencing any other symptom than prolonged period? I have the same problem, and I have recently developed other symptoms as well such as low(or lack of) sex drive and depression and hair loss.I too have suffered 2 miscarriages. I keep telling my doc that my progestrone is low, but she dismisses the idea. I am embarrased to tell her that I no longer enjoy sex and this makes it very difficult to try to get pregnant. I am totally frustrated!
I have been there also i had a m/c in 1999....then one June 2,2008 and also my 3 on was July 24,2008...I to done alot of research on the internet...And I too also told the doctor i wanted to take progestrone to help me stay pregnant...I take fertility drugs also..Im on Clomid 100mg and as of the 18th of this month i have started taking Prometrium 200mg....my fertility doctor has told me to take these and to also take a preggo test next week if it says not preggo for me to continue taking the Prometrium untel I start my cycle. With all 3 m/c i never carried past 6 weeks....I can tell you that here in North Carolina that the Prometrium 200 mg's  16 pills cost $ 75.00....Also to Lilyb is this doctor you are talking to is it a obgyn ???  I didnt ask my doctor to put me on this !!  I told him to and he did....good luck to all of you .....