MRI while pregnant

I need to get an mri of my brain and lungs.... it's kinda important to do, but will my baby be affected? I'm 19wks.
I would think so. That's radiation. What's going on with you? If you don't mind me asking.
Once, I thought that I was pregnant and had to get a MRI. I was concerned just like you are, but where I received the MRI the nurse said there would be a little radiation to get to the baby if I were pregnant. I would think if its your brain and lungs there would be a minimal about of radiation getting to your baby. I am not a doctor or nurse, but just going off of what I've experienced. Also, being on what you need the MRI for and if it's something serious, your health may need to take precedence over the baby. Maybe you should call your OB and see what they say. Good luck!
I have a hereditary disorder called HHT.  It causes mainly nosebleeds, but it can cause hemorrhages in the brain and lungs.  The past 3 weeks I've had severe dizziness, shakes, shortness of breath, issues with my vision, and slurring.  All my labs are normal (had to call the squad friday because I could barely see or walk).  This is my second pregnancy and I've never had this problem.  I also have to get a bubble echo because I have two bad valves, and apparently the HHT can cause a hole in the middle of your heart (the flap that closes when you're born).  Ugh fml lol
Oh my blood pressure and the rest of my vitals have been normal too :-(
Mri's aren't much radiation at all. Sounds like you're at greater risk not having an Mri than you are having one. Your baby is well protected. Try not to stress. Your baby should be fine!
You should be safe radiation is a big concern in the first trimester and not so big after there is little radiation with an MRI and with the problems you are having I would say the pros outweigh the cons because if u are hemorrhaging you and baby could die it's safer to take the risk than not to. Good luck and I hope everything turns out good for you and baby.

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy Community