Pregnancy Community

Maternity Clothes

My friend who had a baby last May stopped by yesterday with two big bags of Maternity clothes for me! I am so happy. I just haven't had the money to buy anything since BF isn't working still because of his broken leg. I bought two pairs of pants and am almost grown out of them already.  

She brought me a ton of shirts and 3 pairs of pants so I probably will still have to go buy a few pairs of jeans.  

Where should I go for a few pairs of pants that aren't horribly expensive?

I bought  2 pairs at Burlington and spent $8.99 a pair but the material that covers the elastic band on the waist is already ripping holes in it. I've washed them maybe 3-4 times. A couple of the pairs of pants my friend brought over also have the material on the bands ripping so I wonder if this is common for this type of pants. I really lke the thin elastic banded pants. I don't feel comfortable with the panel over my stomach.

Any suggestions would help. Thanks ladies
my MIL bought me a bunch of maternity stuff at K-mart last pregnancy that was on sale...shorts and pants for like $5 and they were pretty cute. not top stylish but cute. I've been shopping the target clearance maternity and I love it LOL. there is some place that you can send your regular pre-pregnancy jeans to and they'll sew maternity panels into the sides and send them back for a small charge, and then after the pregnancy they'll remove the panels and fix the jeans for you too...i don't know the website but maybe one of the other women here knows it. that's a great option if you don't like the over-the-tummy panels!!!
I have 3 pairs of the "oh baby" by motherhood from kohls. they are like office pants but are so unbelievably comfortable i dont even run home and put on sweatpants. the elastic is very thin and have really held up so far. i think they were 30 each, but kohls always has sales and coupons.
The closest K-mart is alittle over an hour away. I've looked at Target both of them here and they have two racks. Everyone keeps telling me they have a great selection but two small racks is nothing.  Two types of pants and like three different shirts.

I've looked at Kohls I may have to go back and see what they have again.  I went to Sears and Motherhood last night and didn't want to spend $40-$50 on a pair of pants.

Old Navy!! they have a super awesome selection online...everything was always cheap/but comfy for me...and if something didnt fit there return policy was super easy..i could take it back to the store by me or just send it back and order a new size...their stuff is super cute too and they have a lot of different options for pants panels...but ill tell u what girl, after u get huge in the third trimester ur gonna want the kind that comes all the way over ur belly (full panel) it offers more support and u wont find ur self hiking ur pants up all day...my belly pushes my band down all the time on the elastic ones ...but im almost 38 weeks lol
Yeah I'm into the over-the-tummy panels by now already....Sigh. I was wearing my sweatpants up practically to my armpits the other day and my husband couldn't stop laughing. didn't say a word just took one look and laughed himself silly. I told him I'll make sure and laugh when he's old and has a huge beer gut (highly unlikely for him) and wears his pants up to his pits.

I forgot about Kohls they're great for sales.
I was looking recently also and I always liked the pants with the panels over the tummy (I didn't think I would but they were a life saver when I got bigger) but since I am going to be in 100 degree weather this pregnancy then I am going to target because they have the cutest t-shirts and capris with the low soft fold down waist and tanks. I am going to buy a few pairs of flip flops and a new bathing suit and chill!