Measuring WAY to big!! Not sure who to listen to

So I went to the midwife last week and she said my little boy is measuring quite big (I'm 31 weeks today) on the chart in my maternity notes he is way of where he should be like 5cm bigger than he should be was showing I was 32 weeks when I was only just 30. She sent me to an emergency appointment at the hospital the day after for a glucose test and to be re measured for a second opinion. The resilts showed I didn't have gestational diebetes so that's not the reason of him being big but they wouldn't re measure or scan me and said I have to wait till my next midwife appointmemt so she can measure me again. Do t understand why my midwife got me in the day after if they think it disn't need doing.
I am at the midwifes again on Tuesday for my 31 week app not sure what tk do if she measures me again and he's even bigger??? Anyone else had big baby?
I'm 32 weeks measuring at 34... it's normal. As long as you're not over 3 or under 3 it's no big deal.
That's why I was confused the midwife made it a big deal but the antenatal clinic said it was ok and they'll just keep a look out every time I get measured. Thanks
I'm 25 weeks today and at my last appt my doc told me I was measuring 2 weeks ahead. Had an ultrasound done not long after that and my little girl is only measuring about 5 days ahead.
I'm 29measurin 31. I've been measuring two weeks ahead since my 24th week. It's normal, my baby is measuring big too. But like thompsona0815 said as long as there's not 3week difference it's okay
My second son was 9 lbs 11 oz at birth. The measurements they take aren't definitive, that's why you use the due date they calculated when you got your first ultrasound done. By the second semester, your baby will measure probably a week older or younger than they projected, and by the third trimester that gap will jump to two weeks before or after the original date. So long as you don't have any complications just let your baby keep growing and growing until they're ready for this world.

Trust me, the added weight will suck and you'll continue to wonder when it'll finally be over, but a happy healthy baby is well worth it.
I was 34 weeks and I asked my doctor for an estimated weight and she said 6 pounds and was worried so she sent me for an ultrasound at 36 weeks  to get a growth chart of my son. When I went for my growth chart he was measuring 38+5 and was 7.5 pounds. They didn't change my due date because some babies are big and some babies are small they estimated his weight to be 9 pounds if I made it to my due date, which I made it past and he was 9 pounds 8 ounces. Now I'm pregnant with baby number 2 and I will be finding out their gender and size in a few weeks. So no need to worry your baby just may be a bit bigger at birth

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy Community