Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Miscalculated due date?

Is it normal to feel like the doctors or ultrasound technician calculated the wrong due date? I'm 11 weeks now but based on all my symptoms now and what symptoms I don't have anymore, I should be around 13-14 week mark.
7 Responses
There is no way of knowing how far along someone is based of symptoms. Every woman will experience symptoms at different times, some women don't get any, and some have them the entire way through. Your ultrasound is the most accurate way of dating a pregnancy.
As you get father along, they might change your date. I'm 21 weeks and they've already changed my due date twice within the last couple months. Baby has to grow more for you
The ultrasounds at the beginning of your pregnancy are very accurate because at that point all babies are growing at the same rate. You can't tell how far you are based on when you started having symptoms or what symptoms you're having because every pregnancy is different.
Agree w/ ^^^^  mines have been changed too but I just feel like the baby is going to come when its ready
The ultrasound is pretty accurate because they get measurements of the baby! So im pretty sure if they see 11w then thats how far along you most likely are if not exactly then pretty close, no matter what you're experiencing at the time. Everyones not the same..
Thank you everyone! They've already changed my due date to a week late but changed it back to my original date 2 weeks later! I do appreciate the comments!
Agree with the comments above. Just had my ultrasound earlier and the tech told me that the EDD or expected date of delivery that is given via ultrasound is more accurate than computing your LMP or last menstrual period. I think it also applies on your situation. You cannot tell how far are you by just basing on your symptoms. On my computation (LMP) im 23+3days but on my ultrasound my baby measures 23+1day. You can ask you dr to be sure(:
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy Community

Top Pregnancy Answerers
13167 tn?1327194124
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.