Pregnancy Community

Missed Period and Breastfeeding...

So, to start off I do feel I am being paranoid, but I just need some amount of reassurance. I had my son back in Dec. of 08 and after I stopped bleeding from that (about 6 weeks) I had a period (or some random spotting) about 2 months later in the middle of the month. Then I believe (from what I remember) that I skipped a month and had a period in May in the middle of the month. Then in June I had a period about two weeks (roughly) after me and my b/f (my son's father) had slept together (yes we used protection and it did not break - now this period was also at the end of the month, like the 25th or 28th of June to the very beginning of July). Well this past month - July I did not have a period and it's the 8th of August and nothing has came yet. I do exclusively breastfeed and it has somewhat flunctuated (he used to only wake up like once a night and now he wakes up anywhere between 2-4 times and he used to eat every 4 hours and now it's to every 3 hours but I do not remember where this correlates to my period - like when it came or didn't come) and within the past week or two we have given a supplement in the night of formula, but this was after I was supposed to get my period. Now I know it's common to not have a period while you're breastfeeding but what about the irregularity of it? That it has come and gone randomnly. I also do not necessarily "feel" like I am pregnant or anything, but I am scared.
Oh shoot I did forget to add that I did take a pregnancy test about 2 days ago in the morning and it came back negative. But I alsod didn't technically pee on it for the recommended 10 seconds :)