Missing Mother

I just wrote a post on my blog about a local woman who is missing. Police were scouring the woods that are about 7-8 blocks down from my house for her body this morning. I went to work with hubby this morning and we saw a dozen police cars, 2 forensic trailors, and I'm sure there were search dogs and other cars parked elsewhere. She is a nurse and a mother of two.

Please pray they find her. Her cellphone was found in this area after she had gone missing. Foul play and murder are suspected.

I don't know her but this is literally down the road from my house. I have no idea if there's a madman or if it was someone she knew, etc. This type of stuff freaks me out. Mostly, though, I feel very sad for her family. Her parents seem frantic.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
What disheartening news!  Keep us posted!
Helpful - 0
Yes, very disheartening! Unfortunately this type of stuff happens often where I live (Kansas City at one point had one of the highest murder rates, not something to brag about).

My husband believes this particular case was not gang-related but a domestic problem. He suspects the husband. Obviously that's just an assumption.
Helpful - 0
Usually, I think that the majority of the cases are someone that the woman does know.  And, in one way, that can make you feel safer in your neighborhood knowing that it wasn't some random thing...I hope that I don't sound rude but whenever I hear about something like this and learn it was a husband or whatever, I do feel a sense of relief to know that there is not a psycho-serial killer going around doing random things-ya know!

That is too bad that this stuff happens often where you live!  I live in a very small town and we did have a murder here back in 2000 and the community is still devastated and focused on it!
Helpful - 0
I know what you mean about it being domestic instead of random.  Around Xmas time, there was a local guy who dressed up like Santa and killed 9 family members of his estranged wife (her included).  Can you imagine??  Dressing up like Santa and murdering 9 people.  He is dead now too.

So sad..... I sure hope they find this woman...
Helpful - 0
Grandmatobe, that is horrifying! What on earth possesses people to think they have the right? Oh my, that's just really, really awful.

sweetangel- very true. I'll update if the news updates. So far it appears nothing has turned up or been turned over to the media yet. I'd much rather prefer small town to a huge city but this is where my husband's ministry is and where we are for now. We can't change something if we don't get down and dirty and in the midst of it. We want to see this city change.
Helpful - 0
I remember seeing that Christmas murder on the news here!

I think that it is wonderful that your husband wants to be in the midst of it all to help make a difference and perhaps turn some people's lives around so that hopefully the city will be better.  I couldn't imagine living or working in the city...so I respect you and him for being able to do it...it would be culture shock for me.  Small towns have their problems too and I just feel much more adept to help people with such problems...that is why I chose to work where I do even though I could go farther from my home  and make 5-10 thousand more.  I think it is important to have a connection with where you work and what you are doing...if there is no connection then no amount of money is worth it.  I'm sure that is just what ministry is like...you do it for love not money!
Helpful - 0
I can never understand how anyone can have the heart (or lack of) to do any harm to any human being. I'm so sorry and saddened to read about this. I do hope they find her well. Miracles do happen. I will pray for her and her family.
Helpful - 0
I get so saddened when I hear about things like this.  I am so glad, though, for Forensic Science.  Nowadays, if you commit a crime, you will be caught and we have Forensic Science to thank for that.  I, myself, am very interested in Forensics and am seriously thinking of getting into it on some level.  I want to do something to make a difference and help put the bad guys away, and to help give the families/victims of crimes, the answers that they need.

Please update us and I will pray for this woman and her family.....
Helpful - 0
it's stuff like that that has made my dh teach me self defense. *Sigh* sometimes it's so nice having a marine for a husband....

i don't know who to feel worse for, the woman who's missing or her family who's worrying to death not knowing what's wrong with mom/ wife/ daughter/ sister......i don't know what i'd do if that 1. either happened to me or 2. happened to my mother
Helpful - 0
heatherlynn- I KNOW! I was thinking about it today as I was driving home from the post office. I kept seeing flyers with her information and all these awful images came up (no thanks in part to CSI-Miami and others similar shows). The family and police don't believe she left on her own.

Michele- you should totally get into it. They have a lot of programs. I see them commercials for them all the time.

sweetangel- we definitely don't do it for the money... because there is none. Small church, small pay, but huge rewards in our hearts. But we've always had everything we need and we've never missed a bill (unless it was forgotten, not because we couldn't pay), which I'm thankful for!
Helpful - 0
i watch bones. and some of the things they show....yeah it puts some horrible images in your mind. now-a-days it's so dangerous to go out on your own. i live about 15 minutes from pittsburgh and i love the city. i would never leave it. but don't ask me to go walk around down town after dark. nope. won't do it.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy Community