Aa
A
A
A
Close
Pregnancy Community
72.4k Members

Morning Sickness

I'm 5 weeks, 4 days and have been nauseous here lately. I haven't actually threw up yet but I'd like to be prepared in case. I never had morning sickness with my son so I don't have much experience with it. Is there anything I can do to help with nausea?
3 Responses
973741 tn?1342342773
Hi there.  Ugh, sorry to hear you have the dreaded morning sickness.  I have had this with all of my pregnancies.  It's like on and off stomach flu--  YUCK.  I found I needed to eat something small at all times.  I had crackers with me wherever I went.  I also had to switch my prenatal vitamin from morning to taking it right before bed.  Here is an article that might help with other suggestions as well as explains why it is happening.  It's a good read.   http://www.medhelp.org/pregnancy-health/articles/Nausea-and-Vomiting-During-Pregnancy-Your-Symptoms-Manual/1983
Thank you! I've been eating crackers and drinking ginger ale. I have noticed it more when I haven't eaten.
973741 tn?1342342773
Yes, this was the same for me.  I had to have something in my belly at all times.  Good luck and hope you feel better soon.  All worth it in the end!
Have an Answer?
Top Pregnancy Answerers
13167 tn?1327194124
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.