Pregnancy Community

Morning Sickness

I'm 5 weeks, 4 days and have been nauseous here lately. I haven't actually threw up yet but I'd like to be prepared in case. I never had morning sickness with my son so I don't have much experience with it. Is there anything I can do to help with nausea?
Hi there.  Ugh, sorry to hear you have the dreaded morning sickness.  I have had this with all of my pregnancies.  It's like on and off stomach flu--  YUCK.  I found I needed to eat something small at all times.  I had crackers with me wherever I went.  I also had to switch my prenatal vitamin from morning to taking it right before bed.  Here is an article that might help with other suggestions as well as explains why it is happening.  It's a good read.   http://www.medhelp.org/pregnancy-health/articles/Nausea-and-Vomiting-During-Pregnancy-Your-Symptoms-Manual/1983
Thank you! I've been eating crackers and drinking ginger ale. I have noticed it more when I haven't eaten.
Yes, this was the same for me.  I had to have something in my belly at all times.  Good luck and hope you feel better soon.  All worth it in the end!