Pregnancy Forum

My Dr. prescribed Medroxyprogesterone.

In April of 2013 I had my Mirena IUD removed after a month and half of pelvic pain. It has been close to 3 months and still no period. My OBGYN prescribed Medroxyprogestrone to help bring back my cycle. Can this medication help us conceive?
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you that the medroxyprogesterone acetate will probably help to bring on your period, but won't help you to ovulate and therefore won't help you to conceive.  If you are trying for pregnancy and are not having cycles, you may need to start a medication such as Clomid or Femara--make sure your doctor knows that you want  a baby and not just a period!
Good luck!
Dr B
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.