Pregnancy Community

My period

does it mean your pregnant if your period is
brown not red
No. Taking a test and it coming out positive most likelyyyyy means your pregnant..
Not usually

Brown blood usually means it's just old blood
no.  i always have brown periods...mine only usually last 3 days. only the first half day is it red..the rest its brown.  sometimes only a day or 2 of just brown.
As the others said, no. You can have brown blood for any dozens of reasons, and women do NOT have a period while pregnant. Take a pregnancy test if it's suspected.
actually women CAN have a period wen pregnant.  a best friend of mine had montly periods the WHOLE time she was pregnant and the doctors could not explain it and said its RARE but it DOES happen. (another family friend had them also, until up to 5 months pregnant)  She had a perfectly healthy pregnancy!
Women can have bleeding while pregnant, and it not be caused from a miscarriage. However, it is impossible to menstruate while pregnant. If an ovum is not fertilized, the hormone levels drop and signal the body to shed the uterine lining. If uterine lining is shed during pregnancy, it will cause a miscarriage. This is why women with low progesterone or other hormonal problems have difficulty conceiving or have habitual miscarriages.

I personally bled nearly the whole first trimester. I would bleed heavily and then it would slow down, but return heavy within a few weeks. The bleeding was caused by a possible subchorionic hematoma and low progesterone levels, but it was not a period. Sure, it felt like a period, looked like a period, but I was pregnant...and my uterine lining was thick and sustaining my pregnancy. Women bleed in pregnancy for a number of reasons from SCH, infection, low hormone levels indicating a possible miscarriage, trauma to the cervix during intercourse, etc.