Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
229857 tn?1319029907

My sons eye

Hey ladies. Sorry I havent been on much. ive been so busy lately with my little man. I have a question though. My son is 2 weeks old today and when he woke up his eye had alot of crusty stuff around it and his eye is tearing alot. What do you think? Its not red or anything and doesnt look like there is anything in it. Should I take him to the hospital?
3 Responses
304970 tn?1331425994
It may be pink eye or conjunctivitis.. (sp?)

Have you tried a warm wash cloth to get the gooeys away? Either way, I think he probably will need an antibiotic. I would call your local ER and ask if they think he needs to be seen immediately, if not, call your pediatrician first thing in the am.. Just my take, I am not a nurse or Dr. but good luck and keep us posted?!
360998 tn?1312494518
it can be pink eye... plz call the pediatrician
268356 tn?1236002604
It might just be allergies getting the best of him. When my allergies are acting up my eye seems to secrete more and when I wake up I have to wash my eyelashes before I can open my eyeballs.
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy Community

Top Pregnancy Answerers
13167 tn?1327194124
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.