Natural- Non medicated birth

I'm 18 and a ftm and I'm going the route of no meds through labor and delivery.
Does anyone have any comments on natural birth or words of advice on it. Especially with this being my first baby and everything?
My mom thinks I'm crazy for doing it but I honestly see it as a mind over matter thing. Our bodies are made to do this and women have done it for years and before the epidural and everything they didn't even have a choice in the matter. I feel like as long as I am in control and just listen to my body and work with it, I can get through this just fine.
All the power to you!  I had a natural birth and plan to do so again.  My advice is to have an open mind though.  You dont want to disappoint yourself if you end up needing an epidural or a c section!  Good luck
Thank you, and I do, I've thought about the alternatives just in case it is a medical necessity to have pain meds or I have to have a c-section but as long as everything is good with baby and I, I'm dead set on a natural birth. (:
I had my first when I was 19 the same way and your exactly right it's mind over matter, find a focus point and remember to breath!
I thought i wasnt going to be able to go all natural. But with the support of my sister and bf i was able to. The contractions were really painful. I actually enjoyed it lol. The only complication i had was that i wasnt dilating fast enough and because of that, the dr was looking into c-section. But thank god i didnt get one. You could do it you just have to control your breathing.
It's wonderful that you have that mindset! Just don't feel like your failing yourself by getting an epidural if the pain is too intense! I didn't have an epidural with my first child but this time I'm thinking about it just so I can be relaxed and enjoy the anticipation of the baby coming! :)
Staying active and useing heat pack are your best pain killers and can help shorten labour. I did it at 19 and am doing it again its amazing
I had my 1st at 19 with no meds. then also had 2 more babies later again with no meds. plan on not getting any meds again this time around too.
I wanted to go all natural but i wasnt really able to breath trough contractions so i took a shot to help with the pain n once that wore off i was ready for the epi. But it only helped me sleep, it was wearing off by the time i was ready to push n when i asked if it could be turned up alil she was like nope we are getting this baby out now lol it was rough tho... the worst part was her head n i (totaly embarising) peed when pushing her out cause i was pushing so hard n i had alil stool come out.... my bf told me so :/  but it happens n the dr didnt say anything about it n i wouldnt have known if my bf didnt tease me about it lol
Thanks everyone (:
I'm just looking at it from a recovery stand point and I just don't want to have all these drugs and all groggy and everything. It also might sound weird but the thought of not having control over my waist down because of the epidural scares me more than the actual labor and delivery lol.

I'm bound and determined to do this natural. And as long as doc doesn't see meds as a necessity or I HAVE to have a c-section god forbid, I'm going to make this happen. (:
I Had A Natural Birth & I Plan To Again. But If Med Or Csection Is Necessary Good Luck To You
I would recommend a doula! As well I heard TENS machines work wonders. Just remember stay positive, the pain Is only temporary. :)
I only had gas and air for half of my labour but when it came to pushing, I didn't use anything and it was alright...a little painful but I did tear pretty bad! :) my first baby and I was 17 :)
I'm 17 and I have the same mindset. No drugs no c sections no nothing. My bf thinks I'm crazy and he thinks I'll break down when the time comes but I'm determined >:)

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy Community