A
A
A
Close
Pregnancy Community
72.3k Members
5692644 tn?1388475914

Natural vs. Epidural

So how many first time mommys here went natural or are going natural at birth? If you have/plan to what was it like/what do you expect? Everyone keeps telling me to get all the drugs you can. Even though nothing I've said about having a baby (being married first and such) has stuck, I'd really like to stick to my plan to go natual and then breastfeed with no pacifire. I'm just wanting to know the difference in number and experiences?? Would really love input from all sides, please. :)
39 Responses
5143780 tn?1370561531
I'm going all natural, doing a water birth :) And it's not a matter of choice for me, no meds is my only option since I have medication allergies so it's definitely going to be interesting!
I'm definately going to have some sort of pain meds for sure. I'm not too sure about the epidural.
5692644 tn?1388475914
Lol. Are you scared? And do you have a supportive family? Mine tells me I can't handle it.. /: But I've heard that water birth take away some pain, but I'm not sure. But I do wish you luck!! How far along are you?
5692644 tn?1388475914
@schultz1124 what one are you thinking of getting?? And why not the epidural?
4983320 tn?1378405868
I'm not ruling out the epidural, but I'm not all for it either. I guess I just won't know until the time comes. I'm also planning on breastfeeding. I didn't want to use a pacifier since it was so hard to break my stepdaughter from one, but I heard it helps prevent SIDS so we'll be using one.
Go with epidural IM going to do it. My mom told me it best and she did it with me and IM going to to,do and so is my kids.
Have an Answer?
Top Pregnancy Answerers
13167 tn?1327197724
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.