Pregnancy Community

"Naturally" inducing?

I dont want to offend anyone, but i see so many qs about inducing labor and it just doesn't make sense to me. If your body isn't doing it on its own how is that naturally? I understand there are more natural ways to induce like having sex and i understand some are just trying to keep from being medically induced or having a c section but taking the prim rose or the caster oil and stuff just doesn't make sense to be called "naturally" inducing labor. And like i said if your body isn't doing it when its ready then its not natural. Check out" ina may gaskin" on youtube. She actually talks about it being ok to take caster oil and stuff which i don't really agree with but i love that she talks about how to avoid tearing during birth and her opinion on why people are scared of labor these days its very interesting. Good luck to all and i hope no one takes this Offensively.
I agree! Although you get fed up people should wait and their baby will arrive in its own Time
Post date babies have risks and that's my main concern this time around. I'm going to school to be a midwife and I've given birth to a post date baby. My son couldn't maintain his temperature because he had been burning off his brown fat in utero. The placenta stops working after 40 weeks. He was in distress so I had an emergency c section after not going in to labor.

My point is that while you shouldn't do anything crazy to put yourself in labor especially too early you also have to be careful to not go too far past the due date. Walking, sex, squats, etc I think are great for labor if you are full term and also good for the body in general.
I'm even gonna use primerose oil (which doesn't induce labor only softens cervix) as I attempt a VBAC this time around. The benefits outweigh the risks compared to surgery.

I do agree that people do some crazy stuff to go into labor like drinking castor oil which I won't even take primerose orally