Pregnancy Community

Need suggestions:Pregnancy Books & Health

Hi ladies
Just looking for suggestions on good books to read while pregnant to learn about the whole process, questions to ask the ob etc. Ive heard of "What to Expect when your expecting" ...is that a good one?

Also, I want more info on health and nutrition...I work out 2-3 days a week and know some of the things I do will need to change. Also, I am not a very good eater ;) I eat a lot of sweets and not a lot of meat....so any books or magazines you would suggest with good recipes (that are fairly easy for the "non cooker")  =)

Thank you!
I have pregnancy day by day and the pregnancy bible..... They are both great with really good pictures and info

what to expect when expecting is really good also
I thought What to Expect was overrated, but really loved "Your Pregnancy Week by Week."
Your prengnancy week by week is the only book i had to read.. it covered everything.
What to expect is a scary book!  It totally made me anxious. I've heard a lot of people say it was overrated or scared the c r a p out of them. I did a pregnancy week by week book and the apps on my iPhone. If you aren't much into cooking try crackpot meals where you throw everything into a pot turn it on in the morning and come home from work and dinner is ready. Usually it has your meat potato and veggie all in one dish and you can make enough so you have leftovers too.
haha good thing i read the week by week book. I was totally narotic about every little thing.
your pregnancy week by week, it was great! Hubby and I read it together each week it was great to bond with him. Personally I hated what to expect! it was scary and not a fun read at all.
Do you mean crockpot meals?  Or is there some kind of funny website out there about how to make crackpot meals by tossing together things like canned soup mix and hot dogs and stuff?  I've heard of some gal who wrote a whole cookbook of recipes using only things available at the Dollar Store.   :)