Aa
A
A
A
Close
Pregnancy Community
72.3k Members

Needy toddler a sign of impending labor

Ok, so my 14 month old has been acting very needy the past few days. Examples: waking up at night and not going back to sleep unless i rock him or put him in bed w me, fighting his nap times, and just being more clingy. He has never been dificult to put to sleep let alone want to stay up for hours in the night. I dont give in and i let him cry because i dont want to get him started on a bad habit sleeping w me. Is this behavior a sign of labor comming soon? Has anyone noticed odd behavior from a sibling( not an animal) and then go into labor within a week or so?
2 Responses
I sure hope so! My 13 month old won't sleep for more than 2 hours without crying to be held for the last week or so. I'm scheduled for a c section in a week but wouldn't mind going a bit early! But then again they may just be going through a phase. I let mine cry too after I give her a hug and a drink
Ok, guess im not the only one going through this. I tried to look online but only saw " animals being clingy near delivery" lol. I just hope he wont keep this up after i have the baby or ill be in trouble w 2 babies waking in the night waking each other up! Lastnight he did better though, didnt get up till 6, so maybe it was just a phase...i hope!
Have an Answer?
Top Pregnancy Answerers
13167 tn?1327197724
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.