Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
2193601 tn?1392460637

Non stress test

Just wondering when do they usually do the non stress test I dnt remember how far along I was when I got it with my 1st
10 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I am having my first nst Monday at my 34 wk appt.
Helpful - 0
2193601 tn?1392460637
Well im 33wks 4 days right n I'll be 34wks 5 days when I go to my nxt appt so maybe soon
Helpful - 0
What is that? I haven't had one yet and i'm 35 + 4 and when do they do the strep b test? Or whatever its called FTM
Helpful - 0
2193601 tn?1392460637
Im 33wks 5 days my bad
Helpful - 0
Not everyone gets NSTs unless there's a problem. Usually group b is done at 36 weeks.
Helpful - 0
2193601 tn?1392460637
The non stress test is where they hook u up to the fetal monitors that go on ur belly to keep track of the bbys heartbeat movement n contractions if ur having any just to make sure bbys good n they usually do the strep b test around 36 37wks when they check to see if ur dilating n stuff (depends on when ur dr starts doin that)
Helpful - 0
They only do NSTs if there is a problem so it's a good sign you haven't had I e yet.
Helpful - 0
I never did one. My son came at 40weeks 6 days. If it had been later than 41 weeks without him coming my birth center would have done one.
Helpful - 0
I only had NST when I couldnt feel my big guy moving around as much...had them once a week after I told my dr...but everything was fine with him he was just big and I am petite so he ran outta room!  he was 8lb 9oz at birth!  But they usually dont do them unless you have a problem.
Helpful - 0
2193601 tn?1392460637
Well im high with this pregnancy also which is why I was asking cause like I said i cant remember how far along I was when I got it in my 1st pregnancy
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy Community

Top Pregnancy Answerers
13167 tn?1327194124
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.