Aa
A
A
A
Close
Pregnancy Community
72.3k Members
363110 tn?1340924019

OT: Prayers for my mom...She might've had a stroke or something neurologically wrong

Ladies your used to me writing about TJ, but this time it's my mom. My mother has fybromyalgia and other things so a complicated medical history. But lately she's had issues with stuttering, mixing her words up, and having problems walking/functioning right. She shakes too. I doubt it's a medication side effect because it came on rather suddenly over the last couple weeks. The other night we went to "deaf pizza night" and my mom has always been GREAT with sign language. She didn't understand hardly a word of what anyone there was signing.

Then tonight apparently she started getting worse, shaking more and stuttering so she couldn't get her words out so my brother and his wife who were with her took her to the ER there (riverside so a decent hospital) last I heard they are looking at her. My personal thoughts are she may have had a few small ischemic strokes that led up to something bigger happening tonight. heart problems/bp problems run in her side of the family.

Keep my mom Karen in your prayers that it isn't something serious, and that it's something that can be fixed. I'll update as soon as I find something out.
18 Responses
949288 tn?1263742233
Oh, I'm so sorry that you and your family and your mother are going through this. I will keep you all in my prayers and hope that everything turns out ok. Please do keep us updated (((HUGS)))
689528 tn?1364139441
I hope everything is ok. Keep strong!
363110 tn?1340924019
Niki~ thanks so much for the prayers!

Heather~ if something happens to my mom it would be hell. I would NOT let my brother and sister (who are underage) end up in the system. I'd take custody if need be, but it would be hard on DH especially on the financial aspect.
*HUGS*
oh my goodness.  My thoughts are with your family.
280369 tn?1316705641
I hope everything works out! I will keep your family in my thoughts and prayers.
419158 tn?1316575204
My thought and prayers are with you and your family. I hope they find out its something that can be fixed with time. Hugs:)
i hope everything is ok
99457 tn?1321882277
praying for you and your family i hope everything is ok
689265 tn?1251133687
i'm so sorry cindie. my mum had a major stroke at 42 which rendered her pretty much speechless and immobilised down one side, so if you need to talk, i'm here.
558787 tn?1327788888
You, your mum and family are in my prayers. Keep strong. All my love Kelly x
951847 tn?1271140522
Keeping you and your mom in my prayers hun! *hugs*
363110 tn?1340924019
Well as of today they ruled out a heart attack or stroke, and are thinking it was a SEVERE panic attack of some kind. My mom has always had panic attacks but never anything like this. She's staying til they get a dx, and they're doing an MRI. SO hopefully we'll know what's going on by later today.
Just seeing this thread, but hope they figure out what is happening to your Mom and she starts doing better.  (((HUGS)))
358971 tn?1330892575
i'm glad it wasn't a stroke and I'll definitely keep your mom and family in my prayers. Hugs to you girl!
898040 tn?1284040109
Cindie- it sounds likes my gram a couple years ago.  Seriously, bring up Parkinson's disease.  We had to push and push it into the doctor's heads and finally she was diagnosed.  She was put on medication and is doing a lot better.  She still shakes and stutters sometimes but it's not nearly as bad.  I will keep you guys in my thoughts.
363110 tn?1340924019
Parkinsons? but my mom is about 41 or 42 yrs old... Isn't that too young?
898040 tn?1284040109
Look at Michael J Fox.... he was super young when he was diagnosed with it... 35 years old I believe.  Parkinsons Disease Foundation, google it and see if she is showing signs of any of the other symptoms.
Have an Answer?
Top Pregnancy Answerers
13167 tn?1327197724
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.