Aa
A
A
A
Close
Pregnancy Community
72.3k Members

Ovarian cysts

I am almost 21 weeks pregnant with my third child.  My first two were girls.  My oldest was 7 lbs 2 oz and my youngest was 3 lbs 5 3/4 oz.  There were no major complications with either pregnancy other than the oldest being post date and my youngest being 6 weeks premature.  My husband and I found out that this pregnancy is a boy.  I have had a completely different experience than with the girls.  I had morning sickness with this pregnancy for almost 3 months straight and was prescribed Phenergan, continuous heartburn, and back in August, I was rushed to the ER for severe back pain that radiated into my stomach on my left side.  When we got to the hospital, they performed ultrasounds on my abdomen for an hour.  The baby was fine, but it turns out that an ovarian cyst had ruptured.  Back in June I had my annual PAP.  The Dr. found some abnormal cells and scheduled me for a colposcopy.  Could these cysts be a result of the abnormal cells found?  I am already scheduled for a colposcopy after I give birth with this child.  Since August, I've had 3 of the same "attacks".  Will these continue throughout the remainder of my pregnancy, continue forever, or do they have something to do with the abnormal cells found?
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Top Pregnancy Answerers
13167 tn?1327197724
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.