Pregnancy Community

PLEASE HELP!

I have a friend who was one week behind me & just had her baby today. I am a first time mother, I'll be 38 weeks on Friday & my mucus plug still hasn't come out, does anybody know what I can do to make my laboring process any faster?
I hear you, I'm 39 weeks tomorrow and all three girls I knew who were due after me have already laboured and left the hospital lol, I am trying everything (walking, warm baths, pineapple) except castor oil and nipple stimulation, but it doesn't seem to be doing anything, 1cm dilated for the past 3 weeks :/ guess it'll happen when he's ready to come out!
Atleast your dialating I don't even think I dropped my mucus plug , I've tried rough sex , warm baths & walking. I'm scared because I don't want to get induced
I haven't dropped my mucus plug either and I've had a few cramps and Braxton hicks but no real contractions that I can tell. I don't want to be induced either but it's looking like I might not have another option because my mom is flying in on Sunday and I want him born before she leaves, I have a Dr appt on Thursday and going to see if she will do a membrane sweep to see if we can move things along
Good luck hope everything turns out fine. Do you think castor oil would work once I turn 38 weeks? Do you know if it would be safe for my baby girl?
I don't suggest castor oil. There are just as more bad side effects than good. If it doesn't work it will definitely leave u on the toilet. I'm 39 weeks and tried everything. Nothing will happen unless your baby is ready. Just be patient. I know it's hard. But just b patient.
I had a sweep on my due date then had sex and went in to labour that night! I started drinking 5 cups of strong raspberry leaf tea a day at 36 weeks and going for walks along pebbled beaches up and down steps and all sorts of hard places to walk when heavily pregnant. She was still two days late though! Think they are just to comfy sometimes!
Dont use castor oil... it can cause the baby to have a bowel movement.

Some people dont lose their plug until the baby is ready.

I know you want your baby to come, but he or she will come when he or she is ready.

Some people are early, some are on time, and some are late. But u want that baby to stay in as long as he or she can, because even though youre ready the baby is not.

I remember my first... and second. C sections with both. My first tilted my pelvic bone so i cant have a vaginal birth any more, both were ready to come out... water broke with both before.

Moral of the story... let the baby come on his or her own :)
Thank you , I guess I'm just going to wait it out