Pregnancy Forum

PREGNANCY SYMPTOMS

ACCORDING TO MY LMP I SHOULD BE AROUND 5 1/2 WEEKS PREGNANT. WHEN I FIRST FOUND OUT I HAD A LOT OF BLOATING AND ACHINESS IN MY PELVIC AREA,  BUT I WOKE UP YESTERDAY WITH NO ACHES AND LIGHT BACK PAIN, IS THIS NORMAL? WHAT COULD HAVE POSSIBLY BEEN HAPPENING AT THAT TIME. I WAS THINKING THE BABY WAS POSITIONING IT'S SELF IN THE UTERUS? WHAT DO YOU THINK

Based on your LMP it is too early for you to feel anything related to fetal (or more accurately stated) embryonic movement.  

Common symptoms of early pregnancy include breast tenderness, nausea, crampiness, urinary frequency, and fatigue.  Experiencing vaginal bleeding, and/or abdominal should prompt you to seek medical care ASAP.  Otherwise, plan on making your first obstetric appointment in 3-4 weeks and congratulations.

Best regards,

Dr. Downing
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.