Pets?

Im gonna ask this even tho last time i mentioned being upset because my cat had gotten hit by a car i met quite a few heartless women. Anywho i have a 3 yr old dog, ive had him since he was 10 wks old(hes only 25 lbs) hes never been around babies, hes been around children like 3 yrs and older but never a newborn, im due in 5 weeks and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how to introduce them? Hes a mommies boy. Im not worried he'll hurt him intentionally he just likes to give kisses and gets super excited
Put one of his beds in the nursery. Start treating him like baby is already here. No jumping on you. On the couch. Sleeping in the bed. Etc.
Dogs are great at adjusting, when I introduced my dog to my baby, it was when. he seemed interested and looked into her bassinet. I sat on the couch and called him over and let him smell her and give her a kiss, make sure that you are calm and that he is calm if he starts to get too worked up and excited tell him to be calm and try again later. I explained to my guy that the baby was his responsibility now and he had to be her protector, I think they understand way more than we give them credit for. good luck
Thank u

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy Community