Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
11970398 tn?1443134602

Pets?

Im gonna ask this even tho last time i mentioned being upset because my cat had gotten hit by a car i met quite a few heartless women. Anywho i have a 3 yr old dog, ive had him since he was 10 wks old(hes only 25 lbs) hes never been around babies, hes been around children like 3 yrs and older but never a newborn, im due in 5 weeks and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how to introduce them? Hes a mommies boy. Im not worried he'll hurt him intentionally he just likes to give kisses and gets super excited
3 Responses
Put one of his beds in the nursery. Start treating him like baby is already here. No jumping on you. On the couch. Sleeping in the bed. Etc.
Dogs are great at adjusting, when I introduced my dog to my baby, it was when. he seemed interested and looked into her bassinet. I sat on the couch and called him over and let him smell her and give her a kiss, make sure that you are calm and that he is calm if he starts to get too worked up and excited tell him to be calm and try again later. I explained to my guy that the baby was his responsibility now and he had to be her protector, I think they understand way more than we give them credit for. good luck
11970398 tn?1443134602
Thank u
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy Community

Top Pregnancy Answerers
13167 tn?1327194124
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.