Aa
A
A
A
Close
Pregnancy Community
72.4k Members

Please share your experience with premenstrual syndrome or early pregnancy symptoms.

Symptoms and signs of PMS may be similar to those of early pregnancy.     Symptoms of early pregnancy can be similar to those experienced by women just prior to the menstrual period.At times, it can be confusing to distinguish between early pregnancy and an approaching menstrual period. Women wonder if they may have period symptoms while they are actually pregnant or they may be unsure if they can tell the difference between the cramps of PMS or an early pregnancy.True menstrual bleeding does not occur in pregnancy, although many women experience some light bleeding during the first weeks of pregnancy. In particular, light bleeding around the time of implantation of the fertilized egg is common and occurs at about the time of the expected period.Common symptoms of PMS and early pregnancy include breast swelling, enlargement, pain, discomfort, or tenderness.Early pregnancy symptoms like nausea and vomiting are not common in PMS.The only way to tell if you are pregnant is to take a pregnancy test if your period is late or absent.
1 Responses
My period was supposed to be on the 17 of this month and I didn't see it, so I did a pregnancy test and it was positive. On the 20th I saw my period and wondering if I am pregnant.
Have an Answer?
Top Pregnancy Answerers
13167 tn?1327194124
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.