Plus Size

Anybody considered overweight pre pregnancy? Have you lost weight and how much?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
@acline93 That's exactly how they act, which is so uncomfortable but overall my goal is to get healthy for me and my baby regardless of weight loss
Helpful - 0
I can't stand dieticians. it's like they think you sit on your *** and eat chocolate cake all day.
Helpful - 0
I use to weigh 85kg... Before pregnancy i lost upto 24kg... Now at 25wks i m 74kg lol.. N it all staerted at 20 weeks... But i m not dieting or doing nything jst eating normal n healthy..  i will try loosing weight after wards as soon as baby arrives...
Helpful - 0
My first appointment I was sent to a dietician and got a calorie speech.
Helpful - 0
Me too :-)
Helpful - 0
I weighed 200 pre pregnancy and I didn't gain any weight until the past few weeks. I'm almost 38 weeks and I'm at 228 and I swear it is all belly
Helpful - 0
I love doctors like that :)
Helpful - 0
I weigh 244 and have not gained any weight. I'm 14+3. I too am considered 'morbidly obese' however my doc said to not even consider losing weight on purpose while pregnant. I am blessed with a Dr that doesn't give me grief abt being a big girl.
Helpful - 0
I was 181 pre pregnancy and have lost 3 lbs. Im 25wks 5 days
Helpful - 0
I haven't been eating right since i got pregnant sad to say so I'm trying to eat healthier which I figure will help me lose a couple pounds.
Helpful - 0
Yep, water, FRESH fruit/veggies, and walking is the only thing you can really do.
Helpful - 0
Losing weight should be the LAST thing on your mind hun. Your baby will absorb A LOT of those calories anyway. Just watch what you eat - I said what not how much - and things will be good from there. Im considered "morbidly obese" even though I never looked it. I had lost 20lbs but gained all but 3 back. I asked my Dr about losing weight too and I was flat out told to forget about it right now. Drinking a lot of watee and walking is the only excercise they want me doing.
Helpful - 0
I had lost 50lbs when i got pregnant i was 220. I've gained almost all of it back. Hoping to lose it as soon as he gets here which is only 2w max but o plan on breastfeeding n working out after!
Helpful - 0
I also have heard that breastfeeding helps too but I feel in general changing my diet should help me lose weight I have been addicted to Chinese food I eat it wt least once a week so by cutting that out I should lose something LOL @mrsnelson2010 I feel it
Helpful - 0
I was a size 18-20 pre-pregnancy, and since being pregnant I've lost 30 pounds.
Helpful - 0
I was overweight pre pregnancy. Only gained slightly more than 20 lbs so far.Pretty sure its mostly baby! :) after baby the whole weightloss thing is on like donkey kong! Lol
Helpful - 0
Talk with your doctor because it's not good to try & lose weight while pregnant no matter how big you were to start.
Helpful - 0
When I first went to the docs I was 105kg, ekkkkkkkk not good. I'm now 19 weeks and only put on 4kg, only cos midwife told me to watch what I eat, and to exercise a little, plus I've had morning sickness, so I'm not complaining at all. With my first I put on 30kg, don't reckon il be that crazy again.
Helpful - 0
I was-15lbs around week 16 and have only gained 3 since then I got some new vitamins,a pregnancy workout tape so I'm hoping to lose maybe 20 before the baby comes but want to make sure its as safe as possible
Helpful - 0
I weighed 205 exactly pre-baby & lost 5 at the begining. I had a lot of morning sickness. I'm now 21 weeks & weigh 205 again.
Helpful - 0
I had lost 40 lbs before I got married in august..and as of Oct o didn't lose any more. I wanted to lose another 40 lbs before pregnant, but at 34 feel like pickers can't be choosers. I did a careful watch on my portions and partnered with a book called made to crave. It's a Christian book and workbook I did with a couple ladies from church and really enjoyed. Good luck!
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy Community