Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Plus Size

Anybody considered overweight pre pregnancy? Have you lost weight and how much?
21 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
@acline93 That's exactly how they act, which is so uncomfortable but overall my goal is to get healthy for me and my baby regardless of weight loss
Helpful - 0
I can't stand dieticians. it's like they think you sit on your *** and eat chocolate cake all day.
Helpful - 0
3224409 tn?1356206827
I use to weigh 85kg... Before pregnancy i lost upto 24kg... Now at 25wks i m 74kg lol.. N it all staerted at 20 weeks... But i m not dieting or doing nything jst eating normal n healthy..  i will try loosing weight after wards as soon as baby arrives...
Helpful - 0
My first appointment I was sent to a dietician and got a calorie speech.
Helpful - 0
4281488 tn?1353905580
Me too :-)
Helpful - 0
3169623 tn?1371168580
I weighed 200 pre pregnancy and I didn't gain any weight until the past few weeks. I'm almost 38 weeks and I'm at 228 and I swear it is all belly
Helpful - 0
I love doctors like that :)
Helpful - 0
4281488 tn?1353905580
I weigh 244 and have not gained any weight. I'm 14+3. I too am considered 'morbidly obese' however my doc said to not even consider losing weight on purpose while pregnant. I am blessed with a Dr that doesn't give me grief abt being a big girl.
Helpful - 0
I was 181 pre pregnancy and have lost 3 lbs. Im 25wks 5 days
Helpful - 0
I haven't been eating right since i got pregnant sad to say so I'm trying to eat healthier which I figure will help me lose a couple pounds.
Helpful - 0
Yep, water, FRESH fruit/veggies, and walking is the only thing you can really do.
Helpful - 0
Losing weight should be the LAST thing on your mind hun. Your baby will absorb A LOT of those calories anyway. Just watch what you eat - I said what not how much - and things will be good from there. Im considered "morbidly obese" even though I never looked it. I had lost 20lbs but gained all but 3 back. I asked my Dr about losing weight too and I was flat out told to forget about it right now. Drinking a lot of watee and walking is the only excercise they want me doing.
Helpful - 0
2109562 tn?1347253848
I had lost 50lbs when i got pregnant i was 220. I've gained almost all of it back. Hoping to lose it as soon as he gets here which is only 2w max but o plan on breastfeeding n working out after!
Helpful - 0
I also have heard that breastfeeding helps too but I feel in general changing my diet should help me lose weight I have been addicted to Chinese food I eat it wt least once a week so by cutting that out I should lose something LOL @mrsnelson2010 I feel it
Helpful - 0
I was a size 18-20 pre-pregnancy, and since being pregnant I've lost 30 pounds.
Helpful - 0
I was overweight pre pregnancy. Only gained slightly more than 20 lbs so far.Pretty sure its mostly baby! :) after baby the whole weightloss thing is on like donkey kong! Lol
Helpful - 0
Talk with your doctor because it's not good to try & lose weight while pregnant no matter how big you were to start.
Helpful - 0
When I first went to the docs I was 105kg, ekkkkkkkk not good. I'm now 19 weeks and only put on 4kg, only cos midwife told me to watch what I eat, and to exercise a little, plus I've had morning sickness, so I'm not complaining at all. With my first I put on 30kg, don't reckon il be that crazy again.
Helpful - 0
I was-15lbs around week 16 and have only gained 3 since then I got some new vitamins,a pregnancy workout tape so I'm hoping to lose maybe 20 before the baby comes but want to make sure its as safe as possible
Helpful - 0
I weighed 205 exactly pre-baby & lost 5 at the begining. I had a lot of morning sickness. I'm now 21 weeks & weigh 205 again.
Helpful - 0
4268628 tn?1375041176
I had lost 40 lbs before I got married in august..and as of Oct o didn't lose any more. I wanted to lose another 40 lbs before pregnant, but at 34 feel like pickers can't be choosers. I did a careful watch on my portions and partnered with a book called made to crave. It's a Christian book and workbook I did with a couple ladies from church and really enjoyed. Good luck!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy Community

Top Pregnancy Answerers
13167 tn?1327194124
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.