Pregnancy Community

Positive hpt negitive blood test has this happend to you?

Has this every happend to you ?

I took a hpt it was the Answers test the first line was faint pink and the second was bright pink so that told me I took the test right it did not take long then three min to show up it lit up as soon as I pee'd on it !

I went to the Dr the same day had blood work done they said it was Neg!

So I don't under stand it one bit I haven't had my period still feeling nausated ,heartburn some cramping which has gone away yesterday was pretty bad now today I had a little pink to light spotting bleeding but nothing like a normal period maybe my period is getting ready to start I was supposed to start March 10th I might be so stressed out!
A few possibilities I can think of:

1) You were/are in the process of having a chemical pregnancy
2) Your HCG level is below the threshold level that the doctors office considers pregnant, but you are pregnant.  e.g. some offices consider any HCG level under 20 mIU to be "not pregnant" but sensitive tests can detect HCG at levels of 15 mIU which is normal for the very early stages of pregnancy
3) You had a false positive on the HPT

I think all you can really do is wait and see what happens.  If you dont get your period within a week, retest and go from there (if its still positive, you will need to go back to the doctor)
Thanx for your response!
your welcome - hopefully this hasnt opened too much of a Pandora's box for you!
no I just was really upset over the whole thing I did how ever find out my blood pressure is high and she put me on blood pressure medication so that is why I was so freaked out if I am pregnant would it hurt the baby and all that stuff but they told me blood test don't lie so I dont know !
I haven't picked up my prescription yet!
how high was your BP?  Did your doctor give  you your HCG levels at all?