Pregnancy Community

Possible Pregnancy

Hi Everyone,

The last post I placed on here, I was convinced I was pregnant based on the symptoms I was havng and the length since my last period well, as I stated before I do not normally have a period on a 28 to 31 day period.  I kind of have them whenever they feel like coming or whenever I take medroxyprogesterone to make it come.  But back in November my doctor did a wedge resection surgery on my ovaries to hopefully induce ovulation all on its own.  My period was on November 19, and on January 3rd I tested (pg - negative and ovulation - positive) so my husband and I did our business thinking "what the hell, right?".  Well, immediately following, the tenderness of the niples I was feeling was gone but now my breasts feel fuller and I sometimes get a weird tast in my mouth and I have had some cramping in my stomach (slight, not sharp) and I want to test so bad but I dont think I have given it enough time.  Any thoughts on how early you should test.  I had bloodwork done yesterday on my progesterone levels and they were a 10.3, which I heard was great.  But what is great when it comes to testing progesterone levels...?  Does it mean I have a good chance to conceive.  Is there a way to know if I conceived without testing?  I want this so bad, I am almost worried that I am psychicing myself out with the symptoms.  
I have had 3 miscarriages in the past so I am trying not to feel the same things I did for those.  Any advise would REALLY help.

Thanks, Amanda
Speaking from book terms, implantation takes place on day 6-12, even though i have heard some women on hear say they had it as early as 4 dpo.  I would hold of for a couple more days b4 testing.  I no how hard it is to reframe from testing.  I started ttc after my m/c in june, 3 months str8 i was a poas-aholic after tht i said i would only test unless AF was late or i felt something different that i normally dont get.

Sometimes we analyze every symptom we get and think we are preggo, i use to always say the only symptom im having is the symptoms i think im havin.

progesterone levels:Since progesterone levels vary predictably throughout the menstrual cycle, multiple (serial) measurements can be used to help recognize and manage some causes of infertility. Progesterone can be measured to determine whether or not a woman has ovulated, to determine when ovulation occurred, and to monitor the success of induced ovulation.

In early pregnancy, progesterone measurements may be used, along with human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) testing, to help diagnose an ectopic or failing pregnancy (progesterone levels will be lower than expected), although this will not differentiate between the two conditions. Progesterone levels also may be measured throughout a high-risk pregnancy to help evaluate placenta and fetal health.

Hang in there and try not to analize evry symptom