Pregnancy Community

Postponing the first bath?

When I had my daughter at a midwife center instead of in a hospital, they didn’t give her a bath and encouraged me to wait a few days before I did.  They did wipe her down a little with a dry soft cloth though!  

I found this article on reasons to delay their first bath and found it interesting!  Do you plan to delay the first bath?  What do you think about the idea of that?

http://pregnancy.about.com/od/hospital/ss/6-Reasons-To-Delay-Babys-First-Bath.htm?utm_source=pinterest_sp&utm_medium=sm&utm_campaign=shareurlbuttons
It's interesting, for sure.  I had a hard time getting past the vernix or cream cheese layer as it looked.  :)  My babies got more of a sponge bath under lights in the room I was in (in front of me).  They did get their little head washed so they smelled like baby delicious.  

Did not know the linked information to consider at the time!