Pregnancy Community

Pregnancy jitters and thoughts (mainly a rant lol)

I'm really nervous about giving birth. I am exactly 32 weeks today, and I know 8 weeks is still a long ways away, but the when I think about it 8 weeks is actually very very close. My baby shower is next weekend and I am very excited about that :) But then I will 33 weeks along and the only 7 weeks left! My baby is not kicking as hard anymore, but more of just shifting around in there and it is so cool to watch! I am really nervous about birth. I thought about packing my hospital bag just incase I were to go into labor early (Hoping I do not, but my doctor said I should have nothing to worry about with that). I also hear that with the first time you give birth it can either go awesome, or it can be rough. I have my birthing plan written out and I know what I am taking with me to the hospital and who all I want around me and what I want the baby to wear when she leaves and while she's there. I keep getting Braxton hicks and whoa momma they are sometimes rough and other times its very quick. I want the baby to be here so bad because I really want to meet her, but them I also want to stay pregnant as long as I can. I also am making a scrap book of my fiance's and I journey through the pregnancy, but I am sad because I didn't take enough belly pictures because I was embarrassed of how big I was. Now all I want to do is take pictures. Is there anything you ladies have done to get you through this last stretch or anything you are currently doing to keep your mind from going a million miles a minute?
I spent a lot of time on the nursery, and I read some good non-pregnancy books. You can work yourself into a frenzy reading too much pregnancy stuff, you know? Do some relaxing (and distracting) things you maybe won't be able to do once the baby is here. I know, it's soooo tough to be patient!!