Pregnancy Community

Pregnancy or just lighter periods???

I normally have light periods because of birth control, but for the past 3 months, my periods have been abnormally light (to the point of just needing to wear a couple light days pads each day). I took a pregnancy test about 3 weeks ago and it came out negative. I was actually off birth control for 2 months, and when I started taking them again is when I noticed that my periods were abnormally light. I am sexually active so it is definitely possible that I could have gotten pregnant, but is it possible to have gotten a negative pregnancy test almost two months into it?

I missed one of my pills last Thursday night, took it Friday morning, took another one Friday night, and started spotting and cramping Saturday morning. I actually wasn't supposed to start until that NEXT Sunday but assumed that I started because I missed the pill Thursday night. So I started a NEW pack on Sunday. However, my "period" has only been spotting since Saturday. I could've gotten away with using one light days pad each day. It did start off brown, then red, and now brown again, though. Which makes me think it is my actual period instead of pregnancy spotting. Is it possible to have SUCH a light period when I have never experienced it before? Or is it more likely that I am pregnant and have been experiencing pregnancy spotting, even though I had a negative test?