Pregnancy Community

Pregnancy with Pets

Everyone tells me animals usually know before their humans do if theyre pregnant... Im 18 weeks and at first my (beagle) would be all happy amd playful when i was like 6-10 weeks. Now she seems to no longer cuddle next to my tummy, she would rather be near my feet.. Any time i move her closer to my tummy she is so quick to move away.. Rarely will she cuddle up next to my tummy anymore...  Is this normal for people who have animals?
My dog used to cuddle with me all the time, I'm 33 weeks now and at about 28 weeks she stopped laying by me all together. She even acts differently towards me now. She is stuck to my fiances side now.
So I know how Ya feel!
Sometimes dogs panic when their human gets pregant because they know something it's different, closer to your delivery date they might run around nesting for you. They also get upset because they don't know how many "puppies" you're having! Lol
Our cats have hung around me more this week since my husband has been working out of town and before I was pregnant the girl cat would barely let me touch her or pick her up in less I was feeding her but now she comes over and lays beside me and sleeps when I lay down on the couch, especially when my husband is at work and it's just me when them I've heard of that alot though and I believe it! When they get home though she barely has anything to do with me haha I think she's thinks she's "babysitting and protecting" me until everyone gets home:)
My bf dog got so attached to me during my pregnancy as soon as my bf would leave to work he would come lay right next to my side of the bed and became very overprotective ever since he now growls at people who get near our home or people who come over who he has never met n it all started very early in my pregnancy
My dog doesn't take a hint. He doesn't listen. He's always trying to cuddle me on the couch or bed and always seems to want to jump up or climb onto where my stomach is. I've banned him from the couch and the bed.
My dogs are acting pretty normal except my Winnie dog, she won't leave me alone.
Dog is the same, but I'll say, "give the baby kisses!" And he'll lick my belly. So cute. The cat I think knew right away, she use to bite me all the time and scratch me, but as soon as I got pregnant she started loving on me and sleeping near me.