Pregnancy Community

Pregnancy.

Hey Everyone.

First of all this is my second pregnancy which i found out i was pregnant on Monday. By the calendar, i should be around 5 weeks and 1 day pregnant..I suffered a M/C back June this year and was asked to have an "early" pregnancy just due to my previous experience. I had an internal scan done today, where the scan showed nothing yet...The nurse explained to me that this could mean three things. One being;
- to early to see the pregnancy on the scan,
- miscarriage (a failing pregnancy) or
- an ectopic pregnancy. They took some bloods from me today to just see my HCG levels, they havent given me bad or good news, they have just explained that this could be very early to see anything. Could someone please tell me, do they think it is to early to see anything on the scan picture at 5 weeks as im a little worried but i would prefer not to stress about it too much!.

Any comments would be reassuring.

Many Thanks.
Did you get the results from your HCG levels?  A gestational sac wouldn't be present in your uterus during a normal pregnant until they are above 1500.  Keep in mind that they start at a 1 and double every 3 days without fail in a viable pregnancy until you are about 8 weeks pregnant.  After that your placenta takes over hormone production.  What your doctor will probably do is do another blood draw in 3 days to make sure your levels are doubling.  Also, another ultrasound in a week would tell a lot.  If you are infact 5 weeks you should be able to see a gestational sac, fetal pole, and heartbeat between 6 and 6.5 weeks.  

Checking your levels could tell a lot.  If you do have an ectopic pregnancy levels could rise, but not double.  If a miscarriage is happening or going to happen the levels would be slowly dropping.  It's too early to assume anything until you know more.  Try not to stress too much and just make sure they tell you the levels, are doing follow up blood draws (at least 2 more) and you have a follow up ultrasound.  

Good luck let me know if you have any other questions I have been there and sorry for your previous loss =(
Sorry for you previous loss.....Just because your last pregnancy ended in miscarriage doesnt mean your next one will. Unless you have an under lying problem, 1 in 5pregnancies end in miscarriage. I had a miscarriage. I got pregnant the same week i lost my other baby.. I will be 7 months  Sunday

Its possible its too early. Are they doing a repeat ultrasound?
x
Thankyou for your comments and again sorry for any previous loss too!! They only took my HCG levels this afternoon so the nurse told me she would call at some point tomorrow to tell me if they were a "normal" rate. The only reason i am concerned today is that there was nothing within my uterus. I was told before the internal scan took place that this could be to early to see anything and to tell anything just yet. I feel alot more positive about this pregnancy and hope all goes well even if i am only early days!! Fingers crossed for me though girls!! :-) Also congratulations "Cassandrajane" << sorry i don't know your name ;o) lol. Anyway i will keep you updated for what the nurse says tomorrow!
My name is actually Cassandra Jane hahah :) or Cassie for short LOL..

Just Have Hope :) And dont panic and stress :)...

x
Haha :) Thanks alot Cassie and Hearher too! fingers crossed.x
Are they giving you a repeat ultra sound?? Or taking your HCG again to see if its rising?

x