Aa
A
A
A
Close
Pregnancy Community
72.3k Members

Provera during First Trimeter

Does Provera (medroxyprogesterone) 10mg  cause any problems during pregnancy or to the fetus???
please give authentic medical/scientific answers..google.com answers do not help.
1 Responses
796506 tn?1370191905
None of us are doctors here. I can tell you that my fertility doctor told me every time that I had to take it that if I were pregnant it would not hurt the baby.... Provera is a synthetic form of progesterone (which occurs naturally in the body after ovulation and when the levels decrease to a certain amount is when you have your period) and those levels need to stay elevate to a certain amount to support the pregnancy. Your doctor should be checking your hCg levels along with your progesterone to make sure that the pregnancy is progressing normally. I am a little over 15 weeks pregnant and my progesterone levels were not sufficient so I was put on Progesterone to help support the pregnancy until I was 10 weeks and the placenta took over.  
Have an Answer?
Top Pregnancy Answerers
13167 tn?1327197724
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.