Pregnancy Community

Provera during First Trimeter

Does Provera (medroxyprogesterone) 10mg  cause any problems during pregnancy or to the fetus???
please give authentic medical/scientific answers..google.com answers do not help.
None of us are doctors here. I can tell you that my fertility doctor told me every time that I had to take it that if I were pregnant it would not hurt the baby.... Provera is a synthetic form of progesterone (which occurs naturally in the body after ovulation and when the levels decrease to a certain amount is when you have your period) and those levels need to stay elevate to a certain amount to support the pregnancy. Your doctor should be checking your hCg levels along with your progesterone to make sure that the pregnancy is progressing normally. I am a little over 15 weeks pregnant and my progesterone levels were not sufficient so I was put on Progesterone to help support the pregnancy until I was 10 weeks and the placenta took over.