A
A
A
Close
Pregnancy Community
72.4k Members
7385294 tn?1412105739

Pumping while pregnant.

Has anyone pumped while pregnant? Some people say you shouldnt some people say its ok and really good to have a stock for baby . People say its guna bring on labor others say it wont. Some people are still nursing while pregnant so pumpiny little bits of milk shouldnt hurt..

Ive been leaking alot! And i would rather catch it then waste it . And this mornin i was gorging so i had to pump a little bit to release it . What are your guys thoughts on pumping whike pregnant.. people tell me that theres not given proof that it causes early labor . Baby will come when ready and not before .
4 Responses
All I've heard is from one lady who said it brought her intense labor pains, worse than her first two kids. Granted, she pumped for over an hour in one sitting.
10720243 tn?1415582269
Well what you might be pumping is the "pre-milk" which I can't think of the name for it right now.
And the baby really only drinks that until your milk supply comes in, hours/days after birth.  I don't think your actual breast milk will come from pumping? So I don't know if there's an actual point to it (you might have to Google that)

Nipple stimulation has been known to bring in contractions, and causing labor in the long run.

Just do whatever you want to do.
Nursing while pregnant is usually fine if you are not high risk. Pumping can start labor.
Nursing during pregnancy is fine if you were already doing it prior to your pregnancy. Collostrum is what leaks during pregnancy and that sticks until about 2-3 days after the baby is born when your actual milk comes in, no need to stash because babies only need so much colostrum! Also, pumping and nipple stimulation when your body isn't accustomed can start labor because it releases oxytocin which is the hormone that is released to put you into labor!
Have an Answer?
Top Pregnancy Answerers
13167 tn?1327194124
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.